the12volt.com spacer
icon

Avital 5305L Remote Start Camry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
base455 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2017 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote base455
Hi I am having trouble getting the remote start to work on my 2004 Camry, it does not have the transponder system. I am having difficulty finding the right info if i need to use a relay or not. If any one can please help me out I\ll truly appreciate it!
Remote Start, 10-pin heavy gauge connector
1 N/C No Connection
2 RED/BLACK (+) FUSED 12V ACCESSORY/STARTER RELAY INPUT
3 PINK/BLACK* 2nd IGNITION/ACCESSORY ISOLATION WIRE (87a of onboard relay)
4 PINK/WHITE (+) 2nd IGNITION/ACCESSORY RELAY OUTPUT (30 of onboard relay)
5 RED (+) FUSED 12V IGNITION 1 RELAY INPUT
6 GREEN STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL)
7 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL)
8 ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT
9 RED/WHITE (+) FUSED 12V 2nd IGNITION/ACCESSORY RELAY INPUT 87
10 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT
Auxiliary/Shutdown/Trigger Harness, 24-pin connector
1 PINK/WHITE (-) 200mA 2nd IGNITION/ACCESSORY OUTPUT
2 BLUE/WHITE (-) 200mA 2nd STATUS/REAR DEFOGGER OUTPUT
3 RED/WHITE (-) 200mA TRUNK RELEASE OUTPUT
4 BLACK/YELLOW (-) 200mA DOME LIGHT SUPERVISION OUTPUT
5 DARK BLUE (-) 200mA STATUS OUTPUT
6 WHITE/BLACK (-) 200mA AUX 5 OUTPUT
7 WHITE/VIOLET (-) 200mA 2nd UNLOCK OUTPUT
8 ORANGE/BLACK (-) 200mA AUX 6 OUTPUT
9 GRAY (-) HOOD PIN INPUT
10 BLUE (-) TRUNK PIN/INSTANT TRIGGER INPUT
11 WHITE/BLUE** (-) ACTIVATION INPUT
12 VIOLET/WHITE TACHOMETER INPUT
13 BLACK/WHITE* (-) PARKING BRAKE INPUT
14 GREEN/BLACK (-) 200mA FACTORY ALARM DISARM OUTPUT
15 GREEN (-) DOOR INPUT
16 BROWN/BLACK (-) 200mA HORN HONK OUTPUT
17 PINK (-) 200mA IGNITION 1 OUTPUT
18 VIOLET (+) DOOR INPUT
19 VIOLET/BLACK (-) 200mA AUX 4 OUTPUT
20 BROWN (+) BRAKE SHUTDOWN INPUT
21 VIOLET/YELLOW (-) 200mA STARTER OUTPUT
22 GRAY/BLACK (-) DIESEL WAIT TO START INPUT
23 ORANGE (-) 200mA ACCESSORY OUTPUT
24 GREEN/WHITE (-) 200mA FACTORY ALARM ARM OUTPUT
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,781
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2017 at 9:50 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
1 N/C No Connection
2 RED/BLACK (+) FUSED 12V ACC/STARTER RELAY INPUT        +12V Constant
3 PINK/BLACK* 2nd IGNITION/ACCESSORY ISOLATION WIRE       not used
4 PINK/WHITE (+) 2nd IGNITION/ACCESSORY RELAY OUTPUT      Black/Yellow
5 RED (+) FUSED 12V IGNITION 1 RELAY INPUT +12V Constant
6 GREEN STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE)           Black/White cut wire
7 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE)     Black/White cut wire
8 ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT              Blue/Red
9 RED/WHITE (+) FUSED 12V 2nd IGNITION     +12V Constant
10 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT        Black/Red
That leaves the Black/Yellow Starter2 wire. You will need a 30/40 Amp SPDT relay for this. Here is the wiring :
Relay Pin 85 to Viper Pin 21 VIOLET/YELLOW (-) 200mA STARTER OUTPUT
Relay Pins 86 and 87 to +12V Constant through 20 Amp fuse
Relay Pin 30 to Black/Yellow
Relay Pin 87a not used
Note that there are two Black/Yellow wires the same gauge in the ignition harness. You must test to verify which is which.
Soldering is fun!
base455 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 21, 2017 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote base455
kreg357 wrote:
1 N/C No Connection
2 RED/BLACK (+) FUSED 12V ACC/STARTER RELAY INPUT        +12V Constant
3 PINK/BLACK* 2nd IGNITION/ACCESSORY ISOLATION WIRE       not used
4 PINK/WHITE (+) 2nd IGNITION/ACCESSORY RELAY OUTPUT      Black/Yellow
5 RED (+) FUSED 12V IGNITION 1 RELAY INPUT +12V Constant
6 GREEN STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE)           Black/White cut wire
7 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE)     Black/White cut wire
8 ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT              Blue/Red
9 RED/WHITE (+) FUSED 12V 2nd IGNITION     +12V Constant
10 PINK (+) IGNITION 1 INPUT/OUTPUT        Black/Red
That leaves the Black/Yellow Starter2 wire. You will need a 30/40 Amp SPDT relay for this. Here is the wiring :
Relay Pin 85 to Viper Pin 21 VIOLET/YELLOW (-) 200mA STARTER OUTPUT
Relay Pins 86 and 87 to +12V Constant through 20 Amp fuse
Relay Pin 30 to Black/Yellow
Relay Pin 87a not used
Note that there are two Black/Yellow wires the same gauge in the ignition harness. You must test to verify which is which.
Thank you very much for the info! Just wondering if I would need to program any of the wires to use as a second starter/ignition? And last question do I have to wire the tach or can I just stick with virtual tack thank you very much!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2017 at 5:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Your Camry has two Starter wires and two Ignition type wires. The Viper can directly handle IGN1, IGN2, Starter1 and the
Accesory wire. The Vipers Pink/White wire has default programming set to IGN2, so no Viper programming changes are needed.
The extra realy is needed for the Camrys Starter2 wire. The Viper has a (-) Starter output that makes adding the relay
easy. Toyota designed these circuits to be seperate, so don't be tempted to connect the Vipers Violet (+) Starter output
to both vehicle Starter wires. Use the extra relay to keep them isolated and prevent any possible problems.
As for Virtual Tach or actual Tach, my prefference is actual Tach. If you get cold winters or the car has a wide idle variation
between cold and hot engine start-ups, Tach Mode works best. With a 4 cylinder engine the Tach signal can be found at Pin 9 of
the OBD2 plug making the connection inside the car and very easy.
Here is a link to wiring info from Bulldog Security that includes photos :
    http://diagrams.marktoonen.nl/printlist.aspx?MakeID=2&ModelID=18013
Soldering is fun!
base455 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2017 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote base455
kreg357 wrote:
Your Camry has two Starter wires and two Ignition type wires. The Viper can directly handle IGN1, IGN2, Starter1 and the
Accesory wire. The Vipers Pink/White wire has default programming set to IGN2, so no Viper programming changes are needed.
The extra realy is needed for the Camrys Starter2 wire. The Viper has a (-) Starter output that makes adding the relay
easy. Toyota designed these circuits to be seperate, so don't be tempted to connect the Vipers Violet (+) Starter output
to both vehicle Starter wires. Use the extra relay to keep them isolated and prevent any possible problems.
As for Virtual Tach or actual Tach, my prefference is actual Tach. If you get cold winters or the car has a wide idle variation
between cold and hot engine start-ups, Tach Mode works best. With a 4 cylinder engine the Tach signal can be found at Pin 9 of
the OBD2 plug making the connection inside the car and very easy.
Here is a link to wiring info from Bulldog Security that includes photos :
    http://diagrams.marktoonen.nl/printlist.aspx?MakeID=2&ModelID=18013
Just wanted to give you an update, I wired everything but the car just cranks with the remote start, funny thing i noticed though is that it'll turn on all the way if I leave the key on Ignition, is it possible I will need a bypass/immobilizer?
kreg357 
Posted: May 24, 2017 at 6:11 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Absolutely. If your car remote starts with the key in the ignition switch but not turned, you have a transponder security system. Easy way to tell. Wrap the ignition key head with about 4 layers of aluminum foil and try to start the car. Additionally, if your Camry has the transponder based security system, you should see some type of "Security" light on the instrument panel during this key test start and a remote start attempt. There should be a 7 Pin connector at the ignition switch if you have a transponder based immobilizer system.
Here are the wire colors you will find at that transponder connector :
pin 1 Black/Red
pin 4 Green/White
pin 3 Red/Blue
pin 5 Blue/Yellow
pin 7 White/Black
Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Posted: May 24, 2017 at 7:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Re-reading your post, if your car remote starts only when the key is in AND turned to the ON position, you have an
ignition wiring issue or the Avital is not outputting all of the ignition circuits. Probably the IGN1 or IGN2 circuit
is not getting power during remote start. Is it possible that you have the two Black/Yellow wires switched? You should
verify all the cars ignition wires with a DMM and then verify +12V outputs from the Avital during a R/S attempt.
Soldering is fun!
base455 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2017 at 10:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote base455
Did try out the foil on the key and still turned on, mines also doesn't have the black ring around the key ignition, I will test the wires out again later on today, finally got that dry heat here back in Arizona so I have to wait a little before sunset. Thanks for your help will keep you updated!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic