the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 4806V shuts engine off after ~90 seconds

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
caedynspapu 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: May 22, 2017 at 12:59 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote caedynspapu
2006 Ford E350 van - I originally posted here for install help but decided I was out of my element and opted to have it professionally installed. The installer told me that the unit (a refurb) had to be reprogrammed during installation. Over the last few months, it has developed a couple issues that I do not think are related to the install that I could use some opinions on:
1. Occasionally (less than 5% of the time) it will not crank the engine long enough for it to start. The unit does not attempt to restart when this happens. Commanding the system to restart using the remote always works.
2. Every time (just started this week) when commanded to start it will start and run for approximately 90 seconds, then it will shut off. It does self-restart and repeats the 90-ish second cycle. I have not timed it to see if the time is exactly the same each time. The installer said he programmed it to run for 20 minutes then shut down if the key was not inserted.
Knows just enough to be dangerous
shift_happens 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2017 at 12:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shift_happens
Need to go through the tachometer programming for the Viper and maybe play around with the tach threshold in the remote starter as well if available.
caedynspapu 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2017 at 4:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote caedynspapu
Looks like a Bitwriter would be useful for this - I'm seeing them on Amazon for $70, wouldnt be adverse to this investment if so. This really sounds like what was used to program it in the first place.
Or is this not for me?
shift_happens 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2017 at 4:58 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shift_happens
pretty sure you dont need the bitwriter for this.
Used to be, start the the car, let idle, then press and hold the black valet button
caedynspapu 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 23, 2017 at 5:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote caedynspapu
Thanks - I'll try that first

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic