the12volt.com spacer
icon

2016 Sienna LE power doors

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jimglh 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: May 27, 2017 at 12:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jimglh
I am getting ready to install a Viper 5806v alarm/remote starter and DBALL2 into my wife's 16 sienna LE. After quite a bit of research, I still have a couple unanswered questions about the job. Just some quick background info to help out... I have already taken the DBALL2 to Best Buy and had the tech flash it with the latest firmware (2.17), and I plan on using D2D. My questions are:
1. Everything I have read indicates that the power sliding doors won't operate after the car has been remotely started. If I had to guess I would say that for some reason the DBALL2 cannot operate the doors with the engine running so I will have to hook up the 200ma aux triggers from the viper directly to the sliding door wires for the van at the body ecu. I know that right now, with the van running the power doors operate via the overhead button but the stipulation is that the doors have to be unlocked.
2. How could I wire up the "flew relay" on the viper to be used as an anti-grind feature? If this is possible of course.
Thank you for your help.
shift_happens 
Member - Posts: 45
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2017 at 12:07 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote shift_happens
1. Aux would be need to be connected. Just like your factory remote, the DBall probably cannot open sliding doors while ignition is on. There should be a programmable feature in your Viper that will unlock doors whenever you try to trigger Aux1 or Aux2.
2. Haven't used DEI in a while but they used to have a GREEN and VIOLET starter wire. Basically you would cut the vehicles starter wire and connect GREEN to one side and PURPLE to the other. Watch out because there is an orientation on it; think it was Purple towards car, green towards Key. Then simpLy make sure that the Anti-Grind/Starter-kill feature is actually turned on in the Viper, it's default ON. (Menu 3 of the Viper programming menus)

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic