the12volt.com spacer
icon

Viper 4706V Remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
etapp 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2017 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote etapp
Installed a Viper 4706V remote start...2001 Ford F-350 Diesel
The problem I am having is cannot lock or unlock the doors with the (viper) key fob while the key is on and running...everything else works fine and door locks work with key fob without the ignition on...is that how it is supposed to work as some sort of safety or is there a setting that needs changed?
For the last 20 years or so (on other vehicles) I have always used one key fob to lock and unlock doors while the key was on and leaving the truck running while making a stop or on really cold/hot days when doing a job for 30 to 45 min. I know there is a pit stop and turbo mode to keep it running while stopped but the longest time setting is 10 minutes on turbo mode and its a 3 step process to start turbo mode so I would just like to jump out reach in my pocket and hit the lock button while running. Also not worried about theft at all. Just hoping there is a way to do this with this remote start as it was one of the main reasons I wanted it since the truck did not have keyless entry.
Thanks in advance
et
catback 
Silver - Posts: 703
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2017 at 11:21 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote catback
It's normal for the key fob to be unresponsive with the ignition on. Pit stop will do what you desire and allow you to take the ignition key with you so it's more secure. Just set the remote start for a long run time and initiate pit stop when you want to jump out and leave the truck running.
etapp 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2017 at 5:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote etapp
Thanks for the response, that was what i was afraid of but that brings up another issue.
When i attempt to put it into "pit stop mode" truck running with key on...on the key fob I push the F (function) button twice and then remote start button once as per the manual which they call "Timer Mode" (which is confusing since there is "pit stop mode", "turbo mode" and a "timed start mode" all 3 of which are "timed") Sometimes when this process is done it works and the remote takes over and can remove the key, BUT, about 1/2 the time when i do the same process it attempts to start the truck which of course is already running and grinds the starter. I know the remote is getting power from the ignition because A. the locks will not work while running with the key and B. the programming works by turning on and then off the ignition to enter programming mode. I read where I could connect the White/Blue input wire to a push button to ground that would initiate pit or turbo mode but when I touch this wire to ground it always initiates the remote start process and attempts to start the truck while already running. I have checked everything several times and all seems to be connected correctly, so not sure if I am doing something wrong the remote keyfob since there are no real instructions as to how to initial either mode. Also I do have the parking brake wire to constant ground if that would have anything to do with the issue since I know the ebrake must be on for pit stop mode. I would rather just have a push button if anyone can direct me as to how to make it work.
Thanks
et

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic