the12volt.com spacer
icon

DEI 5806p + DB3 + 2014 Ford F-150 Factory Alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
joeyalex 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: June 05, 2017 at 11:22 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote joeyalex
I have installed a 5806p and a DB3 into a 2014 Ford F-150. I used the THFD1 T-Harness and D2D between the 5806 and DB3.
After programming the DB3, I have everything working, except for one little annoyance. If the system is armed (either using the Python remote or the Ford remote) and I then later hit the lock button on the Python remote the factory alarm goes off 20 seconds later.
It seems that the lock pulse from the arm command is triggering the factory alarm if it is already armed. The Python alarm does not go off, only the horn honking from the Ford alarm. I would like to be able to do this, as I can make sure the system is armed from anywhere in the house with the Python remote, whereas the factory one only works close to the truck.
The remote start works fine (no factory alarm trigger), and the unlock command works from either the Python or factory remotes. It seems to only be the lock that is causing an issue, and only if the factory alarm is already armed. I'm hooked into the blue/green wire at the BCM for locking.
Does anyone have any thoughts on how to make this work correctly? I haven't been able to find a setting in the DB3 or 5806 that sounds like it would fix this.
Thanks!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2017 at 8:10 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Did you connect the RAP circuit to the Driver Door Trigger as shown in the DB-ALL3 install guide?
Soldering is fun!
joeyalex 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2017 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote joeyalex
Yep, RAP circuit is hooked up and works as expected when the remote start turns off.
Also, the factory alarm doesn't go off at any point during the remote start sequence, it's only when I lock with the Python remote after arming. It seems like the lock pulse is trigging the factory alarm.
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 06, 2017 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Just for grins, remove the RAP circuit and reconnect the door trigger wire and see if a lock still triggers an alarm.
Soldering is fun!
joeyalex 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 07, 2017 at 10:31 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote joeyalex
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give that a try this weekend!
joeyalex 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2017 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote joeyalex
I did some testing and it does appear to be the RAP circuit causing the factory alarm to trigger.
Is there any way to avoid this without losing the RAP shutdown with the remote starter?
Thanks!
kreg357 
Posted: June 10, 2017 at 4:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Might not be able to help. I am not a Viper or DB-ALL user. You could do some testing and see if the truck does an automatic RAP shutdown after 10 minutes all by itself. A lot of Fords do and as long as you don't have a gig-a-watt amplifier that can kill a battery in that time frame, you might be alright without the DB-ALL3 RAP. Another thing to check is if the Vipers lock command will enable the Factory alarm without that connection. Fortin bypass modules use that type of connection to also set the Factory alarm with an after market remote Lock command. This might not be a show stopper either. You have the Viper alarm plus you can set the Factory alarm with the Factory remotes or the door Lock switch while the door is open.
Soldering is fun!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic