the12volt.com spacer
icon

Python 5706P select menus

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
selidron 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2017 at 1:18 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote selidron
Hello,
I just finished installing a python 5706p system into my car. Everything is working perfectly on it, however, I cannot figure out how to access the menus to change system settings (ie ignition door locks, digital/regular tach, etc).
The quick reference install guide says to open the door, turn the ignition on and then off, then select a menu and then press and hold the control button. I tried accessing it how I used to access it on my old viper system (don't remember the model, but it didn't have the remote start and two way remotes), which was to press the control button the number of times for the menu you wanted, and then a final time and hold. When I tried doing this on the python system, it enters valet mode.
Question is, how do I access the menus and is there anything that may be preventing me from accessing them. I don't think the system menus are locked, as I bought the system new and am the only one who has worked on it, at all. Like I said, everything works perfectly on it (door locks, door sensors, trunk sensor, lights, siren, I don't know how to check if the system is reading my tach signal or handbrake, but the multimeter shows that they are good), I just can't seem to access the system menus and cannot find anything about it by googling. Makes me feel kind of stupid since everyone else obviously doesn't have an issue with it.
chev104275 
Gold - Posts: 1,424
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2017 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote chev104275
Most dei systems I've done you turn the key on then off press and hold the programming button until the horn beeps or siren chirps the corresponding menu number. Then once you get to the menu you want you would release the programming button. Then press and release the button until you get to the option you want. Then hold the button and use the remote to change the option.
If i Can't Install it    I Don't need it   Joe
selidron 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2017 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote selidron
Thanks a lot. Got it all set up now, so I just need to figure out why my starter is so weak through the remote start but works really well with the key.
Thanks again for the prompt and helpful reply.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic