icon

2005 Dodge Dakota + Hornet 564T

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stuc 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2017 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote stuc
Guys, I've found myself in a little bit of a situation and am hoping the community can point me in right direction. My truck is flashing the hi-beams and signal lights like the alarm is triggered, and I can't get it to stop. I'm not even sure the vehicle has a stock alarm system. If someone is knowledgable in factory Dodge alarms I'm very interested to know whether one may be causing my problem.
Vehicle:
2005 Dodge Dakota SLT (Stock alarm?)
Security System:
Hornet 564T (Revenger Siren removed from installation, malproductive in quiet neighborhood)
DEI 500M XCRS (eXtreme Capacity Relay Satellite)
DEI 556U Immobilizer
I purchased the truck two years ago with the Hornet system in April of 2015. The alarm system including remote start has worked flawlessly until about a week ago. On impacts to the vehicle body, the alarm sequence would initiate and I always disarmed it by unlocking the truck twice using the Hornet keyfob. A week ago, I received my keys from a valet and went to drive off. The truck wouldn't start. I went back to the valets and they said they couldn't get the alarm to turn off and the battery had died. I got a jump and I haven't been able to reliably disarm the system since. I have purchased a new battery since and it currently sits with the negative terminal disconnected.
This may be really dumb but I don't even know if the vehicle has a stock security system that may be causing issues. The alarm sequence continues with the 564T module and 556U immobilizer modules completely unplugged. I haven't completely removed the 500M xCRS because some connections are hardwired. I may removing these connections but it's my understanding they're only concerned with the remote start function. While dealing with this alarm sequence with the aftermarket alarm removed suggests to me that there is a factory security system, all the info I've been able to find about a factory security system suggests that a factory alarm sequence includes horn honks (my horn is functional and it doesn't honk during alarm sequence) and that I shouldn't be able to start the car while the alarm is going off. I can start the car fine. Also, I can use all Hornet remote functions while the alarm is going off, including remote start. On the other hand, there is a red security light in the stock Dodge instrument panel which is flashing while this alarm sequence is going off.
Attempts to disarm:
Unlock system using 2-way tranceiver as well as 1-way transmitter
Disarm sequence using valet button as described in Hornet 564T Owner's Guide
Remove all plugs from Hornet 564T Module
Remove all plugs from DEI 556U Immobilizer
Remove FCM fuses (this stops power to lights)
Unplug FCM (this stops power to lights)
Replace dead battery
Disconnect and reconnect battery
Various BS voodoo batt cable/door lock/key position sequences from forum posts
The alarm continues after each of these attempts. Occasionally and not reliably, the alarm will be off when I put the negative terminal back on the car. Opening the door or starting the car always starts the alarm again, whether or not the Hornet 564T is plugged in.
I didn't install this system... but I did rate the install.
My Install Quality Rating: 5/10
System worked flawlessly for 2+ years
Accessible but hidden valet button
Status LED cleanly added to dashboard
Connections via twisted wires + electrical tape or insulated crimps
Shock sensor mounted to steering column as advised against in the installation guide
Modules and relays not rigidly mounted. Components 'taped and stuffed' under the dash
Has anyone seen anything like this? I appreciate any help!!
stuc 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 14, 2017 at 3:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote stuc
If the 564T and 556U are disconnected, it must be a factory alarm, no? I read in the manual that the horn function of a factory alarm can be turned off for this truck if using the original keyfob. I also read the factor alarm can only be disabled using the factory keyfob and I don't got that.
It does seem irregular that the truck is fully operational while the alarm is triggered and that the chipkey doesn't disarm the system when in the ignition or locking and unlocking the driver's door.
stuc 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 21, 2017 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote stuc
The morning I gave up to go to the dealer and have them make me a OEM key, I buttoned the wiring back up and the alarm stopped going off and the Hornet alarm continues to function fine as before.
FWIW, the issue was certainly the OEM Dodge security system as the Hornet is only wired to flash the blinkers and the alarm I couldn't disarm was flashing blinkers and hibeams. I don't know what it was. Probably sketchy wiring which is frustrating since I checked each connection with the Hornet alarm. I also changed to a new battery during this time. While it didn't fix the problem immediately, when I finally tightened the terminals to go to the dealer that's when the problem disappeared. "For now" knock knock

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic