the12volt.com spacer
icon

16 Crosstrek and Viper 5806V Ignition Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
snofrandy 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2017 at 2:58 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snofrandy
Hi,
I just finished installing the Viper 5806V to my wife's 2016 Subaru Crosstrek (non-push start). I didn't wire the Remote Start as I don't see a need for it in our area. I just wanted the theft deterrent and 2-way paging. I have the shock sensor installed as well as the Audio (Glass break) sensor.
Everything works well except for:
  • Doors doesn't automatically lock when car is switched to "ON"
  • If alarm is triggered, turning car on does not clear trigger.
When I installed the 3305V in my S2000, both of these functions are working correctly.
Currently, I have the Viper's 17 PINK (-) 200mA IGNITION 1 OUTPUT to Crosstrek IGNITION (+) GREEN in Ignition Switch. I noticed that Viper is a (-) and Crosstrek is (+). Could this have been the problem and I will need to switch polaritry?
I don't have the Viper's PNK/WHITE (-) 200mA Ignition 2/Flex OUTPUT connected anywhere. Should it be? I also do not have the Starter wired as I let the immobilizer take care of the Starter.
All my other connections are:
Viper RED +12V to Crosstrek White (+) Ignition Switch
Viper Green (-) Lock Output to Lt Green/Black (-) in Driver Kick
Viper Blue (-) Unlock Output to Blue/Black (-) in Driver Kick
Viper Black/Yellow (-) Dome Light Output to Green/Yellow (-) Left of Steering Wheel
Viper Brown/Black (-) Horn Honk (-) to Horn Wire
Viper White (-) Parking Light Output to Ignition (Forgot which wire)
Viper Green (-) Door Input to Blue/Orange to Blue/White (-) in Kick Panel
I currently do not have the Trunk Release, Trunk Trigger and Hood Trigger wired. I can't find the Trunk Trigger wire in the Crosstrek
Comments are welcome! Thank you
snofrandy 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 22, 2017 at 3:00 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snofrandy
I can also share my Google Doc to you if you want a clearer picture of my connection. Thanks!
kreg357 
Platinum - Posts: 7,783
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2017 at 9:25 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
OK, I'll give it a try...   I'm not a Viper person but might be able to help a little.
First, immediately disconnect the Viper Pin 17 Pink wire from the cars (+) Ignition wire.   Hopefully you didn't
fry the Vipers' Ignition circuitry.
For the Ignition Controlled Door Locks, you need to connect the thick Pink Ignition wire to the cars' main
ignition wire. This Viper wire is not only an output but an input wire, too. It is used to sense the cars' ignition
wire status for various purposes. I'm not sure if you must connect any of the thick Red wires to +12V constant
to support this ignition wire.   The 5806 was designed to be a R/S, alarm and key-less entry system and not using
the R/S portion could be problematic due to the inter-dependencies between the functions.
Soldering is fun!
snofrandy 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2017 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snofrandy
Thank you @kreg357
I actually did disconnect the Pin 17 when it didn't work just in case. I'll use the Pink thick wire from the R/S cable to see if it will work, then the Thick Red to +12V if it doesn't.
Just curious, do you know what the Aux pink Ignition wire is used for?
Thank you!
kreg357 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 23, 2017 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
The (-) 200mA ignition type outputs ( thin wires ) are typically used to control relays that are used to supply high current +12V power to extra vehicle ignition circuits. Some cars have two or three Ignition wires and two Accessory wires, etc.
Soldering is fun!
snofrandy 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2017 at 5:16 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snofrandy
Thank you, wiring the thick Pink wire from the Remote Start plug resets the alarm now. However, the auto-lock function is still not working. Here are the leftover wires from the Remote Start connector that I haven't plugged in. Still trying to avoid connecting the whole thing for a remote-start.
2 RED/BLACK (+) FUSED 12V ACCESSORY/STARTER INPUT
3 PINK/BLACK (+) FLEX RELAY INPUT 87A key side (if required) of FLEX RELAY
4 PINK/WHITE (+) IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY OUTPUT
5 RED (+) FUSED 12V IGNITION 1 INPUT
6 GREEN (+) STARTER INPUT (KEY SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL)
7 VIOLET (+) STARTER OUTPUT (CAR SIDE OF THE STARTER KILL)
8 ORANGE (+) ACCESSORY OUTPUT
9 RED/WHITE (+) FUSED 12V IGNITION 2 / FLEX RELAY INPUT 87
Also, I noticed that the middle dome light (dome light in rear passenger area, not trunk) stays on while the front dims after a few seconds of arming. Currently my connection is:
4 BLACK/YELLOW (-) 200mA DOME LIGHT OUTPUT to Dome Supervision GREEN/ YELLOW - left of steering column, white 12 pin plug, pin 9
Thank you! It's just these two left and I'm finally done!
kreg357 
Posted: June 25, 2017 at 5:38 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
On the Ignition Controlled Door Locks, the factory default setting is OFF. Have you programmed the Viper Menu 1, Feature 5 to Option 3 for lock when Ignition comes ON?
Soldering is fun!
kreg357 
Posted: June 25, 2017 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote kreg357
Depending on the car, Domelight Supervision is sometimes not needed. If the interior lights come on with a FOB Unlock, you might not want / need that connection.
Soldering is fun!
snofrandy 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 27, 2017 at 11:42 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote snofrandy
Thank you kreg357! I re-read the manual and you're correct. It's default to off. I guess I'm not used to it being off by default in the previous 2 installs I did so I assumed it will be the same for this alarm.
I'll go ahead and disconnect the domelight supervision connection I have. Thanks again.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic