the12volt.com spacer
icon

2005 chevy equinox aftermarket stereo installati

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dusty krueger 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2017 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dusty krueger
I am attempting to install a poineer Dxt-x4869bt stereo in my 2005 chevy equinox but cant figure out the wires and cant buy the aftermarket harness to make it easier because the previous owner cut the factory harness out.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 24, 2017 at 7:42 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
What color wires do you have? Is there a larger than the rest Red with White stripe? Is there a pair of greens, one dark and one light? Is there a pair of blues, one dark and one light? Is there an orange?
dusty krueger 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2017 at 8:14 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dusty krueger
Yes i have all of those. I got it to turn on by crossing the red and yellow and will just have to manualy shut off the radio. But now my new problem is my amp isnt working
i am an idiot 
Posted: June 24, 2017 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Red white is constant power. B;acl/White is ground. There is no switched power, you need to find a wire on the AC control that goes on and off with the key. Orange is the amplifier turn on. Grey front left positive. Tan front left negative. Light green front right positive. Dark green front right negative. Brown left rear positive. yellow left rear negative. Dark blue right rear positive. light blue right rear negative.
dusty krueger 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2017 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dusty krueger
Ok i will try
dusty krueger 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2017 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dusty krueger
Ok i will try that and let you know
dusty krueger 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2017 at 10:26 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dusty krueger
Ok that worked but my only question is what are the 2 purple wires the skinny blue wire not thicker blue speaker one and the white with black stripe
i am an idiot 
Posted: June 25, 2017 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Insulate the ends so they will not touch anything. They are not needed for an aftermarket radio. One of them is the data wire that controlled the OEM radio.
dusty krueger 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2017 at 10:05 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote dusty krueger
Ok i did that everything works good.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic