the12volt.com spacer
icon

DEI 529t with tilt sunroof, 2005 Escape

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jsnali13 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2017 at 10:19 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsnali13
Hi
i've installed a 529T to my sunroof in a 2005 ford escape.
ive got it to remote open and close on aux channels 1 and 3.
the only issue i'm having is getting it to close with ground when armed. it closes, but then vents.
i've read many post about this issue.. i know i need a relay... but thats as far as i end up getting. seems everyone finishes the job without how they wired the relay.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
wires from the 529t are wired right to the motor. i've read there is the limit wire, but havent firgured out which wire that is from this post:
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=105370
my switch is 2 buttons, open, close then vent. it rests at ground.
thanks
jsnali13 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2017 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsnali13
these wires are from the relay box.
Pin 1: Orange / White: (+12 when the sunroof is fully open or fully closed, I believe this is for the automatic stop) This wire also looks to be going to the motor
Pin 2: Peach: Switch Wire (+12 Constant, but drops to +0 volts when the switch is pressed to open the sunroof)
NOTE: Sunroof has auto open so this wire is just pulsed and the sunroof fully opens, however if the switch button is held down instead of pulsed the sunroof will open and stop when you let go of the switch
Pin 3: Violet: Switch Wire (+12 Constant, but drops to +0 volts when the switch is pressed to close the sunroof)
Pin 4: Black: - Ground
Pin 5: Empty / Not Used
Pin 6: Blue: (+12 Constant, looks to be the wire that powers the relay box)
Pin 7: Red: To Motor: (+12 Constant to motor when the sunroof is opening after switch is pressed, this wire does not pulse even if switch is pulsed, it is always +12 constant when motor is operating and +0 constant when it is doing nothing)
Pin 8: Orange: To Motor: (+12 Constant to motor when the sunroof is closing after switch is pressed, it is always +12 constant when motor is operating and +0 constant when it is doing nothing
Pin 1 - orange/white go to the motor with the black wire. i'm assuming these are for the limit to stop venting or stop vent to open.
any help on adding a relay to stop venting would be really great.
jsnali13 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 25, 2017 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsnali13
from the 529t i only used the motor and switch wires.
Pin 1: Blue - Motor, Side 1
Pin 3: Brown - Switch ,Side 1
Pin 9: Green - Motor, Side 2
Pin 10: White - Switch, Side 2
i only used the orange to ground when armed to close the sunroof when armed and dioed to close by aux3
orange/black to aux1 to remote open.
i havent hooked these up to anything.
Pin 2: Gray - (-) Output through activation, side 1
Pin 6: Gray/Black - (-) Output through activation, side 2
jsnali13 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2017 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsnali13
any help??
I know no one likes doing sunroofs... but any help would be greatly appreciated.
I've been trying to follow this post: https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=49914&kw=sunroof+529
but not sure when he meant by wiring to the switch with a relay. I did try it... but didn't seem to work for me.
it looks like my switch is a type B - output rest at ignition. I used the relay wiring guide to make this a type A in the 529 manual.
jsnali13 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 01, 2017 at 1:27 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jsnali13
Hi
i'm trying to power my sunroof relay box from the negative output from my alarm.
i followed this relay diagram, but seem to have a error
https://www.the12volt.com/relays/relaydiagram8.html
i have a 529t hooked up to ground when armed (orange wire) with the (-) output from the gray wire to pin 85 on the relay. everything else is hooked up as per the diagram.
i also want to use the gray to my sunroof switch to activate the switch to stop the sunroof from venting when closed which i gather is the process from this post
https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=49914&kw=sunroof+529
the issue i'm having is that the gray is providing a low current.
i've read that some ppl reverse pins 87 and 30 having pin 30 as the positive output. if i change my wires on the relay to have 30 as the out put.. would it make a difference?
any advice would be great or if anyone can point out what i'm doing wrong
thanks

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic