the12volt.com spacer
icon

2002 Lexus SC430, Complete system replacement

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sparxx513 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 24, 2017 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparxx513
Wanting to change out the factory radio in my 2002 SC430. Putting in a pioneer headunit, 5 channel amp and replacing the factory speakers. Anyone has any experience on these? Partically with keep the factory nav screen and retainig steering wheel controls.
Thanks in advance
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,666
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: June 25, 2017 at 8:20 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Nav screen will still work. There is an amplifier in that vehicle. It is in the trunk.
http://metraonline.com/part/ASWC-TOY-LEX
sparxx513 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2017 at 12:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparxx513
I want to replace the factory amp with a 5 channel. Will that adapter work for that set up also?
i am an idiot 
Posted: June 28, 2017 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
That is the steering wheel control module. It will work even in your application.
sparxx513 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2017 at 10:55 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparxx513
Would you happen to have a wiring print for the factory amp? I was hoping to grab all the speaker wires there to connect to a five channel im running and not have to run new wires to each speaker.
Thanks for all your help.
i am an idiot 
Posted: June 29, 2017 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
2002 Lexus SC430, Complete system replacement - Last Post -- posted image.
sparxx513 
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2017 at 11:46 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparxx513
Appreciate all your help on this one. Ill make sure to post when i get it finished. Thanks again.
i am an idiot 
Posted: June 29, 2017 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
You will need to install a capacitor on each of the tweeters if you are planning to use them. 4.7 6.8 or 10 microfarad non polarized at 100 volts.
sparxx513 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 02, 2017 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote sparxx513
So i got the radio in, replaced the blown 6x9's in the door, blown sub, and blown 4 inch in the rear. Right now it is running just powered by the radio and using the beat soinc bypass. NAV still works on the factory screen. The sound is not the greatest though. I though i read somewhere else that the factory amp has to stay in to keep the nav working? Also if i were to replace the amp you think that would work running all three front speakers on one channel? Ro leave the factory amp on the mids and tweets and use the new amp on the remaining 5 speakers? Once again appreciate all your help.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic