the12volt.com spacer
icon

Code Alarm CA6554, FLCAN, 2013 Camry

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jgarcia1925 
Copper - Posts: 57
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2017 at 9:51 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jgarcia1925
Hello all,
Perhaps one of you genius folks on this forum can help me out with this stupid brain fart I got going on. I have a friend of mine who left his car doors unlocked one evening, and he had a key he kept in the car during the winter months when he would go warm up the car prior to leaving (turning on the car with the regular key and then locking the door and unlocking the door with the spare metal he made). This metal key was taken from the car, and he now wants to add an aftermarket alarm to the vehicle with remote start. His question is that he wants to know if the spare key he has, will not un arm the aftermarket alarm in case the person wants to come back and open the vehicle.
Basically, my question is, does the aftermarket alarm become un armed if someone unlocks the vehicle with the metal key from the outside of the vehicle? I might do the install, using the supplied alarm, and using everything data to data. I know the oem alarm will probably become unarmed but would like to know if the aftermarket alarm will still go off (stay armed) and give him a warning if said person with the key will come back and open the door.
Any help on this would be great. I'm thinking it should still be armed but for some reason I'm having a brain fart and don't have a car with an aftermarket alarm to test out this theory. Sorry all, it's been a while since someone wanted me to add an alarm to a car. It's been mostly remote starts for friends that I have thrown in for some time.
Thanks again for the help in advance!
jgarcia1925 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2017 at 2:53 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jgarcia1925
Anyone? Kind of need an answer quick.
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2017 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote beegbie
The key in the door will not disarm the alarm.
jgarcia1925 
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 10, 2017 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote jgarcia1925
Thanks for the reply. I thought so. Just wanted to make sure that what my buddy wanted will work. He just wants to ensure that if that person comes back, the aftermarket Alarm will notify him that someone opened the door

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic