the12volt.com spacer
icon

Lock/Unlock buttons start car

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vvdtech 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2017 at 10:44 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vvdtech
Yes, I have a Viper Remote/Start model 4105V on 2006 Subaru Forester, everything works great except if I press the lock or unlock button on the 4 button remote it starts the car. Both the lock and unlock work the lock system but it also starts the car at the same time. I have tried everything I can think of but nothing seems to fix the problem. Please any help would be appreciated.
i am an idiot 
Platinum - Posts: 13,667
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 15, 2017 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote i am an idiot
Not a big viper guy, do not know if this is possible, but could someone have programmed both the lock and unlock as a remote start button? Do you have a different remote that works properly?
vvdtech 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2017 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vvdtech
No, we don't have a different remote, we have tried to reset everything to factory to see if programming was an issue. We also verified with multiple remotes, same results.
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2017 at 8:23 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote beegbie
Lock and unlock on the 4105 platform puts the system into timer mode. Do you have your owner's manual? This is from the owner's guide.
"Timer mode is activated when these buttons (lock+unlock)are pressed simultaneously.
When you activate timer mode the parking lights flash four times, after a
one second delay the engine starts. To turn the engine off, without exiting
timer mode press the *
The system remains in timer mode and will start every three hours for a
maximum of six starts unless cancelled by turning on the ignition, or by
activating any of the shutdown inputs to the system.
The parking lights flash four times indicating timer mode is exited"
vvdtech 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2017 at 12:08 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vvdtech
Thanks for the reply, I do have the manual and I did read about this but that is not what's happening to my system. If I press the "Lock" button the car starts, if I press the "Unlock" button the car starts and if I press the "Start" button the car starts. I doesn't seem right... What I have done to get around it was set the pulse to two so for it to start the "Start" button has to be pressed two times and this made the "Lock" and "Unlock" not start the car when pressed.
If anyone has a better idea or what I might be doing wrong I am open to suggestions... thanks!!!
beegbie 
Copper - Posts: 341
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2017 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote beegbie
Sorry, I should have read your first post more carefully. Was the issue there since install or did it just start happening?
vvdtech 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2017 at 8:37 AM / IP Logged Link to Post Post Reply Quote vvdtech
I believe it was there from install, we noticed it early on.

If you wish to post a reply to this topic, you must first login.
If you are not already registered, you must first register.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic