Who’s Who?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
robb420in323 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2004 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  

Robb Casini   22yrs old.

I live and work in Hamilton Ontario..  R Rated Performance & Audio..

Been installing for 6 years.. Done it all except enclosures.. Im still learning new things everyday. 

Hunter S. Thompson for sheriff
Caraudiorich 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2004 at 10:05 PM / IP Logged  

My names Richard  and I'm 19.  I used to work in a shop in Simcoe Ont. for about a year. Then it closed up and now since I don't have my MECP I can't find a job nowhere else.   All of the other shops around me won't even think of hiring me.  Someday I'll get my ticket.

It sucks alot. 

Who’s Who? - Page 7 -- posted image. This face can't even describe my sadness of not being able to install.

Thank you.

switch_hitter 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2004 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  

My name is Chad, from Jacksonville, FL.....22 years old, In the military, been installing Car audio for about 7 Years, Video for about 4. Have a little business on the side. Nothing major.

2 Memphis HPO 12s
1 Memphis 1000D
2 Memphis 8s
1 Memphis MC200
4 Memphis 3way 6 1/2s
1 Memphis MC3004
4 Memphis Tweeters
1 Memphis 3-way electronic crossover
2 Memphis 5 1/4
2 Memphis 4s
vncasanova 
Member - Posts: 18
Member spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2004 at 3:05 AM / IP Logged  
Hi guys, well i guess i am next. Uhmm where should i start.....ive been fascinated by electronic stuffs since i was 5 or 6. Took apart everything in my dad's motorcycle when i was 7(sure cost him a lot of money to put it back but ohhh well.....hahhaha) I installed my first stereo on an '87 corolla when i was 14, after that i installed mostly stereo systems and miscalleneous stuffs for my friends and people i know. Installed about 40 soemthing cars now..miracle I know hahaha.... Never really installed mobile videos because i dont know anyone who wanna install one...hahaha.... took a couple of electrical engineering classes at a university but that technical stuffs dont seem to interest me so i changed major...right now im trying to get into installing alarms and mobile videos stuffs, so far i only installed one alarm and thats on my integra ....i got a lot to learn from you guys...if anyone lives in southern California and has the same interest in mobile electronics as me, hit me up, I got a lot to learn....email me at AKAWILDDOGG@YAHOO.COM.....
Charles_R_H 
Copper - Posts: 122
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2004 at 9:33 PM / IP Logged  

Hi everybody, name is Charles, and I've been installing for about 2-1/2 years professionally.  Worked for Fry's Electronics for about two years, and learned a lot of cars.  While I was there, I worked with three first class MECP 10 year vetrens and tried to soak up all that I could.  We installed on 50 to 80 car per week.  Installations ranging from simple head unit to remote start.  I was the "pop and go installer", and mostly did all of the fast type installations.  I've been at my new install job for about 1/2 a year in a small town and have to install, order, talk on the phone, ect.  I'm the only mobile electronics guy here at this store.  I've probably installed between 1000-1500 head units, no BS, 50-75 amps, god knows how many speaker replacement installations, about 40-50 video systems.  My weaker side would be alarms, remote starters and navigation; however, I have installed these also, just not on a regular basis.  I know I haven't been doing this that long but I feel very confident in my job and do contain a lot of installaton knowledge, so feel free to ask me anything, and I'll try to help.  I'm still learning a lot everyday!!!!

electronics run off of smoke, when you let the smoke out they stop working
midnightmike 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2004 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged  
robb420in323 wrote:

Robb Casini   22yrs old.

I live and work in Hamilton Ontario..  R Rated Performance & Audio..

Been installing for 6 years.. Done it all except enclosures.. Im still learning new things everyday. 

i wouldnt call doing driveway jobs for the past 6 years experince, when u get a job at a shop then u can say u have experince like ive had for 6 years, i recall u calling me asking how to install a neon kit and when i showed up at your place u had the bulb zip tied to the rear wish bones, ive got more but im not going to say anything cuz i dont know what people are like here and im the newbie

anyways.... my name is mike nunes im 24 and i also live and work in hamilton @ HI-FI plus  ive got 6 years shop expirecne and 8 years driveway expirence

midnightmike 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2004 at 12:36 AM / IP Logged  
Caraudiorich wrote:

My names Richard  and I'm 19.  I used to work in a shop in Simcoe Ont. for about a year. Then it closed up and now since I don't have my MECP I can't find a job nowhere else.   All of the other shops around me won't even think of hiring me.  Someday I'll get my ticket.

It sucks alot. 

Who’s Who? - Page 7 -- posted image. This face can't even describe my sadness of not being able to install.

Thank you.

hey rich im guessing u worked at simcoe hi fi plus, ryan and todd wanted out of it, i was going to take that place over, but the deal fell through he was asking a little to much for what it was worth, im still thinking about opening a shop up there tho, and if i do ill let u know man!

azidrane 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: August 18, 2004 at 1:28 AM / IP Logged  

19, live in Nanaimo BC, more into sales right now, but i'm working on my ticket and so on.

Big Alpine and infinity fan.

and JVC for the Burr-Browns. (gotta love that)

xploder21 
Member - Posts: 44
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2004 at 10:32 PM / IP Logged  

My names TJ and I'm 18. I am a certified Electronics Technician. Right now I'm in the process of going to college for Electroncis Engineering. I'm trying to get  MECP(spelling) certified. I have done mostly installations for friends and other people for a little bit of cash. I'm gonna be trying to get a job at a shop in Rhode Island if possible to help pay for college and to have fun with Car audio.

jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2004 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
Well, I suppose I should take a whack at this.    Although I havent posted much lately, I have done my time posting to many topics.    I am currently in Maryville, Mo     It is a small town and there is nothing here     5-6,000 pop.   But we are within reach of some major citys, I was working in a joint shop with a pawn bussiness. But things didnt work out between us and we had to go our seprate ways.   now 2 years later I am very close to opening a store with one other person.   We are activly looking for a location, and plan to be open by the end of the year.. We have done many many vehicle's out of the garage/shop we rent but it is only a single bay with a bathroom and forget a show room.   We have 3 vehicles that we be the demo/shop vehicles, a 1998 honda civic which is the SQ car.   A 88 festiva the SPL car (8) 12 B-post.   and a 96 mazda truck for our "Shop truck"    makes loading MDF easy when you set the frame on the ground..   But hopefully we will be running by the end of the year again and I wont have to worry about working for anyone else..
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
Page of 16

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic