icon

Remote Starter Starts & Shuts Off

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DDN3d 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: November 10, 2004 at 4:38 PM / IP Logged  
Just start the truck up and within 5 seconds hold down the Valet/Program button until the LED lights up solid. You're done.
--
'98 Dodge Durango SLT+
Spit 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2004 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  

DDN3d wrote:
Just start the truck up and within 5 seconds hold down the Valet/Program button until the LED lights up solid. You're done.

So I'm clear...My Valet switch is a on/off toggle type switch.  So I really don't hold theswitch down..it's either on or off    Are you talking about a button on my remote control or the valet switch mounted on the dashboard? I have a 2 button remote one unlocks door/sets alarm 2nd button works remote start.

If your speaking of the valet switch are you saying that I should enter valet mode prior to doing this..which means I insert the ignition key and turn it to an on position and then flick the valet switch to the off position...and then start the truck and flip the switch to an on positon?    Or do I just start the truck with the alarm in it's normal run position and then flick the valet switch to the off mode within 5 seconds.

Sorry to ask so many ignorant questions..but I am not clear. 

extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 11, 2004 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  
No, your valet switch is a black pushbuttom with a blue 2 pin connector on it the plugs into the blue 2 pin connector on the brain.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
Spit 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: November 12, 2004 at 11:57 AM / IP Logged  

I've done a little more research and spoke with  a customer service person for Directed Electronics (Directed bought Clifford who bought Avital)  They told me that the the Hurricane that I have is a car alarm and that the Remote Starter function for it is a add-on called a Quick Start   (It's marked Q-start on the brain itself) .  In reviewing info on the Avital page of Directed's website it looks like most of the Avital remote starts require mandatory RPM setting, and it is accomplished by entering Valet mode flipping the valet mode switch on and off  a whole bunch of times to get to the right setting.  Problem is that it seems to vary by model...on some units it's 14 flips on others 15 on other's 18...does anybody know the correct number of flips of the Valet switch for RPM programing on an AVITAL Q-Start?  Does anybody have any owners/installation manuals for this unit...seems like this is the only place I can find the correct procedure.

Thanks

Spit

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic