the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Shivas

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  
What a laugh!  I am just about finished with two enclosures now while this klapping kid is sitting around arguing with everybody and yanking chains.  I don't know what compels me to come back to this rediculous thread.........talk about train wrecks!
Klapping 
Copper - Posts: 146
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 9:42 PM / IP Logged  
i am yet to argue with anyone. just asking for help. and what i mean by i dont understand... i dont understand all the conversions, all the spl, stuff... i dont know what any of that means... just please, mention a place with a box that is good for my shivas...
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 9:51 PM / IP Logged  

We're trying to give you help.  Check out this:  http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/learningcenter/S-mnqx6w4yXM9/car/

It has VERY basic learning information about car audio.

If you don't want to learn you've seriously come to the wrong place. 

Check out crutchfield.com or cardomain.com.  They both sell generic boxes.  Don't build your own if you aren't willing to learn.

I'm done with this thread.  Start another if you decide to stop wasting everyone's time.

New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 10:08 PM / IP Logged  

Ok if you can't build a box or just plain dont want to buy this box: http://www.cardomain.com/item/QLCQLH12512DE 

It isn't that hard to understand the basics of matching reccomended box size of the subwoofer with the box with the same or very close to the same (unless you build your own of course , which is usually just totally out of the question Shivas - Page 10 - Last Post -- posted image. Shivas - Page 10 - Last Post -- posted image.). Porting isn't that hard either if you use a good calculator and know what frequency would be resonable to use (this site has a port and box size calculator on the left side column).

But come on throw us a freakin bone,lol. This thread is 10 pages long and you still havn't seemed to have taken much of the info we have thrown out. Go to some of the websites that were reccomended to you and read the good posts by stevdart, kfr01, and /r7.

/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 29, 2004 at 11:20 PM / IP Logged  
OK Klapping, your seriously pulling on nerves with your absolute laziness and inco-operative behavior
If you read a full paragraph from any post i've made in this thread. i told you, specifically that having a box sent to you online will cost you more than it would to build it yourself. it would ALSO cost you A LOT less to have a box-maker, cabinet maker, general Carpenter, to build you a box. if you cant find any of those in the yellow pages, then learn. if you cant learn, find a friend that has a father and pay him in beer(wait you cant), pay him with the money you'd send your imaginary internet box maker.
sending a box through because of its weight (remember, with ported box's you will need an exceptionally bigger box [in volume alone] than you would with a sealed enclosure for the same sub. your dealing with ported box, whichs means the 'measurements' are bigger, which means more weight to each piece of wood (and its not plywood) ) will cost you near the amount of one shiva.
[quote]150 bucks for a god damn cube of wood... is rediculous... and i have no idea who makes, boxes, aroun me... i can just buy one online that is relatively close... i need help finding one though...[/quote]
but there is a site on the internet that is run by a volunteer servent for the united states, he makes box's for people, and sends them free of charge, and the only thing is he asks that you beable to grow mdf-trees out of thing air as payment.
we have offered numerous posts telling you NOT to patch your current box. by all means a common sense reason aside from reasons we gave, would have been, its a back up box incase you ever need your sonys while something is in on repair. i dont know the extent of your damage to the box right now. and by now im not concerned or willing to help you with anymore input.
you did not even go far enough as to RESEARCH what would be a better idea. not likely, you continually told us that you dont understand. which is fair. but you never even attempted to learn. if you want to be an ass on the street goto your local low-end retailer and look for some pyramid 15" subs, and run them off your current amp in a proper ported box, you cant talk to the guy on the internet i told you about, just make sure you got that tree handy.
you got the suggestion for a shiva sub which is a great sub for the price, and offers a good balance of SQ/SPL, and you went ahead to save a buck or 2 and patch your current box up thinking it would be your best bet with those subs. but in almost any case, ported subs will provide a louder sound. why do you think your sony's were in a ported box, they need all the help they can get. i cant remember if anyone suggested you to go with a SEALED Box or not, in this thread, and frankly there are too many pages, with useful content for me to actually sift through and re-read, but if we did, we did so unknownly you wanted pure SPL and very little (if any) SQ.
you wanted a good suggestion for your subs? a sealed box would be good, for an overall SQ/SPL performance. a box, again roughly 1.2cuft (or w/e stephen suggested a 'few' pages back)
now 9pages into this thread you tell us that you dont care about SQ and just want people to hear you, well thats fine, but you didnt need shivas, and you didnt need a sealed box as you found out.
BTW, because the shiva is a different sub, your current ported box would not have been a good idea either way, your probably going to get a better sound/SPL out of your box the way it is now, than you would if you left it ported.
if you have had any problems with terms, or acronyms, used in this thread there is a link on the left of this site called the glossary, glossarys usually contain words, terms, or abreviations which are relevant to the book or website
if you cant find it click:
https://www.the12volt.com/glossary/glossary.asp
the page is even setup so if you need to find a word, by the first letter of the word, you can click on the letter at the top, and it will show all the words beginning with that letter. thats also called alphabetically alphabetized.
hopefully some of 'this' information has been helpful as it would seem you never read any of my posts that contained more than 2sentences.
mobile E 
Copper - Posts: 217
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 1:47 AM / IP Logged  
Sad, need i say more anyone?
everything stolen :(
Workin on a new system :)
Shivas - Page 10 - Last Post -- posted image.
Peace in the middle east
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 2:05 AM / IP Logged  
Hmmmmm, this thread has been going so long now, I dont knwo if I ever posted on it or not. But I read the comment of 150 bucks for a cube of wood is rediculous. Since it seems you are unwilling to do any ground work nessasary to learn this stuff, and you obviously dont have the any experience at this, than I think you paying someone 150 dollars to build you a box is actually a good deal. Esspecially when you take into acount hom much difference the box can make in your system. I am only 23 right now, and believe it or not I was once 17, and had very little money, but still wanted to be involved in this world. I wish I had a forum like this to resort to with people who are as knowledgable as these guys are. I made my own mistakes and learned from them. I cant stress enough how much a box can make or brake a system. You my good sir, seem to not actually desire to learn how to do this, you just want to USE the people on here to try to save yourself 20 or 30 bucks here and there. I got news for you, if I get the vibe from someone that they will never give back and misuse the knowledge I do provide for them, then I am not gonna waste my time trying to explain this to you. And I think you need to stop wasting the time of the guys on here who car and want to help people that genuinly want it. This thing is as dead as the cat on the road down the street and Im done.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 11:36 AM / IP Logged  
Wow, someone needs to end this freakin post. Klapping is obvioulsy not taking the advice from the people on here that know what they are talking about. Im young, im only 17, but I know to LISTEN to people that know more about a topic than I do, espeically when they take time out of their lives to help me (over 10 pages none the less). If you dont want to build a box, just a buy a prefab one and END IT!! Im planning on trying my hand at box making over the winter. You should give it a shot to, its no big deal if you screw up because wood is certinly not $150 a piece. Just take the adcvice of people on here, they know what they are talking about and helped me many times. Six months a go I didnt know jack about car audio, but now I know enough, from experience and from this site, to do installs myself and to give people advice. These people have been very nice and very patient with you so either listen to them, and do some reading on the mulititude of links provided, or stop posting!! And for the love of god, dont seal your ported box with plywood and caulking, that will not work.
That is all.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 1:17 PM / IP Logged  
Page of 10

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic