icon

Shivas

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Klapping 
Copper - Posts: 146
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 5:51 PM / IP Logged  
there is no local places that make boxes... can u just give me sum dimentions? so i can make the box i already have smaller...? also saves me money...
Klapping 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 6:08 PM / IP Logged  
would a shiva produce more bass coming from a us acoustic usb600d amp? than a Power Acoustik Fubr-12 ?
audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 6:17 PM / IP Logged  
it all depends on the install..ive heard a couple of 15" Fubrs in a sealed box and it flexed the roof on a blazer..they're pretty loud subs..but as far as sq and dependiblilty go I would consider them garbage. Just my opinion..
Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
Klapping 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 6:18 PM / IP Logged  
well, out of the question i asked... which would produce more bass with 300w rms each sub... ?
audiobass10 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 6:23 PM / IP Logged  

I couldn't give you an answer and be possibly sure..but the Shivas can perform really well with minimal power..

Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
Klapping 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
because well... i have 2 sony xplods... in my car right now... 10" ... i went to best buy... and bought 2 fubr-12's ... 140 dollars each... in plans to test, and return... which i did... and well, they didnt sound any nicer than my xplods... not at all... i was kinda shocked... ?
audiobass10 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 6:40 PM / IP Logged  

That suprises me too..i'm not so sure what your problem is..I dont think it's the amp, but it could be? Although I wouldnt expect much more from PA than I would from Sony. The FUBR 15's were loud however.

Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
Klapping 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 6:43 PM / IP Logged  
well the 12's didnt impress me much... that is why i am wondering... about the shivas... i dont wanna waste my money on sumthing that isnt going to impress me... what would produce a lot more bass? ... 2 subs and an amp for under 500$
audiobass10 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 7:23 PM / IP Logged  

You could go with 2 Adire Tempests..$150 each..they  wang and sound very good..Then you could go with Refurb Directed 1100d off www.ikesound.com ..It should be around $239 shipped. That would put you slightly over $500 but it would be well worth it IMO. You need a lot of room for the tempests..that would be the only downfall I could think of when purchasing those subs..

Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
kfr01 
Gold - Posts: 2,121
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2004 at 7:35 PM / IP Logged  
Like I said, much of how a subwoofer sounds will depend on the box it is in. That tech page I posted has different box volumes on it. Use that to find your dimensions.
http://www.adireaudio.com/Files/SealedShivaApplications.PDF
http://www.adireaudio.com/Files/VentedShivaApplications.PDF
These two files contain plans for a bunch of different Shiva applications.
The problem isn't your amplifier. 300w is a lot of power. You do know that doubling your power, moving to 600watts would only gain you 3db, right? 3db isn't a lot to our ears. 3db will matter to an SPL meter used in competition, but for everyday driving doubling power isn't really that big of a gain unless you need more headroom (are clipping your amplifier).
"which would produce more bass with 300w rms each sub... ?"
That question is impossible to answer without knowing about the box. I suggest reading the pages at:
http://www.diysubwoofers.org/
Once you understand some of what is going on use the Ported.xls spreadsheet file to do some comparisons of different subwoofers and box parameters.
Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that making a subwoofer perform like it should is WAY more complex than just dropping it in some generic box. Thus, comparing 2 subwoofers generically is also way more complex than just asking, 'which one is louder.'
Having said all that, if you don't want to do some research, the Shiva is regarded as one of the best subwoofers for the money. I doubt you'd be disappointed.
New Project: 2003 Pathfinder
Page of 10

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic