icon

Dimensions for Two 12 Adire Audio Shivas

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  
Can you please limit your posts. You are just running the threads up. Complete one entire thought before you hit the post button because this is getting insane
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 10:39 PM / IP Logged  

OK, this is the third time.  Fair warning right now:   I will give you the benefit of the doubt one last time and see if your posts seem to be on topc and that you are listening to the advice being given, but if it looks like what I think is happening is the case and you are simply doing these long threads for some sort of perverse pleasure, I'll ban you immediately.  Fair enough?

Support the12volt.com
Klapping 
Copper - Posts: 146
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  
read what i have been posting... i have been on topic and listening... have i not?
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  

Guys, we're talking to a kid who has never had a job.  WTF?  Here's a challenge for you, kid.  Get off the keyboard and go to the woodshop.  Build a nice enclosure you would be proud to let your friends look at.

Feel the soreness and numbing that comes with the hours spent in labor.  Then feel the pride of building something that becomes the second half of great musical sound.  Then come back here and tell us all about rediculous profit.

Oh hell, again 6 posts go up by the time i'm finished........aaaaaaaahhhh.

But time enough to add another fair warning:  Klapper, just listen to DYohn and listen well.  Arguments are not smart here.

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
OK, I am going to help you out here and I am begging you to please listen to me. Use the outside dimensions of 14 inchs high, 27 inchs long and 12 inchs deep. Make that box, and its gonna be close enough to your requirements. Use .75 inch thick MDF and glue all your pieces together and then secure it all using either screws or finishing nails. Its your choice. cut the holes in the box, but keep in mind that if yo are using 12's dont cut 12 inch holes or the subs will drop right through. Either use the provided template or check the spec sheet and it should give you a mounting diamater. I dont think I can make this any more clear. Now I think that you have all the info needed and am gonna say you should get one more post under this heading to ask any VALID questions you have left and then once those are answered this thread should be locked.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Klapping 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
nobody is helping me with my calculations? ... i posted sum stuff, you guys said you would put your input on it... not a buncha childish remarks about me... look at my calculations on page 5... tell me if they are right, and what i have done wrong if they arent... and possibly correct them... because they are close, i think... ok? thnx =) and i just realized raven posted...
Klapping 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 11:17 PM / IP Logged  
what kinda glue should i use? ...
Klapping 
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 30, 2004 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged  
and one other thing... the side pieces... dont they have to go inside the top,bottom,front,and back sides? ... and the middle brace also... so... do i make those 14 x 12 or... would i like, make them .75" shorter on each side?
/r7 
Silver - Posts: 340
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2004 at 12:50 AM / IP Logged  
if your box, by the measurments Raven gave you
Ravendarat wrote:
Use the outside dimensions of 14 inchs high, 27 inchs long and 12 inchs deep
make sure each side is equal to what he said.
there for if you make your longer sides 27inches wide from edge to edge. and you put your 12" deep pieces of wood inside, you will actually end up with 1 1/4 inches extra to each side, because? because your MDF is .75". so if you remove 1 1/4" from from the 12" deep pieces of wood, you will end up with a total of 12" including the .75" from each 27inch piece of mdf.
dont go into the shop do and do these cuts just based off of what we said, used the dimensions ravendarat gave you . go into the shop, draw diagrams, or blue prints, of what each cut will be, and how it will be put together.
ravendarat gave you exactly what you wanted from the first thread you created. and what upsets me, is that you probably will not go any further to learn the math, behind all this.
i would like to refer you to soundomain.com, where patience there seems a lot more limited. maybe you will re-read our advice when you get 2 replies, or 2pages of flames.
EDIT(yes this forum has that feature, try and use it once or twice, or 5 times to save the accumulation of partial thoughts or redundent posting, you've managed to attain 1/2 the amount of posts i have in only 7days, im amazed, and not in a good way): wood glue, or carpenter glue. its used for "wood applications" and it will have "wood" on the label or it will say its made for "wood", just make sure someone at the store, where you buy the "wood" glue, points out, that its for "wood".
i know you're probably acustom to the clear sticky glue used in school, and the editable white glue, wood glue is a little darker, yellow even, its not hard to distinguish.
remember. "wood"
edit1.5: Dont eat this glue.
Klapping 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2004 at 1:00 AM / IP Logged  
rofl... nice =)
Page of 8

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic