2005 Acura TSX Alarm/Remote Start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
2005tsx 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: December 09, 2004 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  
Hi all,
I just have a few questions regarding a possible remotestart install for my new 05 tsx. first and foremost, ive neverdone an alarm, and hear it can be a daunting task. I am pretty mechanically inclined and very capable of using my multimeter. I happened to come across a diagram of a 04 tsx wire, that tells me where and color of certain wires for an alarm install. I am aware my car has an imobilizer, and i am pretty sure i have two option. a. planting a key, b. hooking up a immobilizer disable.
Ok, first off let met list the options i would like.
alarm
Remote start
lock/unlock
domelight when unlock (kinda like what it has stock, fades in and out)
I would like to be able to open all windows and sunroof with touch of a button, and reverse.
trunkpop.
i have someone who wants to sell me a crimestopper2006FM, would that do the job?
if not could someone recommend an alarm that will do the job.
Also what else would i need besides the alarm, relays etc..
I appreciate advice.
tsx05
Autoobsession 
Copper - Posts: 119
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2004 at 12:02 AM / IP Logged  

In my opinion I would go with either a viper system or an audiovox system. I think Crimestopper is garbage.

Autoobsession 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2004 at 12:04 AM / IP Logged  

A good viper alarm/Remote start would be a 791xv which is the two way responder system.

To bypass the Immobilzer you would need a DEI 556u

To make both front and rear windows go up and down you would need two DEI 530T's

To make the sunroof open and close you would need to DEI 528T's

Autoobsession 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2004 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  
12volts
white
+
ignition harness
StarterBLACK/ white + ignition harness
Second StarterN/A
IgnitionBLACK / YELLOW + ignition harness
Second IgnitionN/A
Third IgnitionN/A
AccessoryBLACK/ red + ignition harness
Second AccessoryWHITE/ red + ignition harness
KeysenseRED / white - ignition harness
Power Lockpink/black - grn plug, L side of fuse box
Power Unlockpink/blue - grn plug, L side of fuse box
Lock Motoryellow/black 5wigrn plug, front of fuse box
Unlock MotorYELLOW /GREEN 5wigrn plug, front of fuse box
Parking Lights+RED / black + large wht plug above fusebox
Parking Lights-BLACK/ red or blue/red - in steering column cover
HazardsGREEN/ red + large wht plug above fusebox
Turn Signal(L)RED / blue + large wht plug above fusebox
Turn Signal(R)brown + large wht plug above fusebox
Reverse Lightgreen + driver kick, harness to rear
Door TriggerGREEN/ red - grn 5 pin plg behind fusebox
Dome Supervisionuse door trigger
Trunk/Hatch Pinblue/black - driver kick, harness to rear
Hood Pinyellow/red or GREEN/ black - hood pin switch in latch
Trunk/Hatch ReleaseYELLOW /GREEN + driver kick, harness to rear
Power Sliding DoorN/A
Factory Alarm ArmWHITE/ red - driver door module in door
Factory Alarm Disarmwhite - driver door module in door
Disarm No Unlocksee factory alarm disarm
Tachometerblue ac ECM/PCM
Wait to startN/A
Brake WireWHITE/ black + brake pedal switch
Parking BrakeGREEN/ orange - large wht plug above fusebox
Horn TriggerGREEN/ YELLOW - steering column
Memory Seat 1N/A
Memory Seat 2N/A
Memory Seat 3N/A
Immobilizer Bypass Module
2005tsx 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2004 at 12:27 AM / IP Logged  
Sweet thanks for the info..
So you think this viper/audiovox is the only good option?
those are both DEI correct?
I do have a viper. in my old car.. It has been good for about 7 years except the horn makes an odd chirping sound these days.
2005tsx 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2004 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  
Where would be a good place to pick up those relays?
metaverse 
Copper - Posts: 210
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2004 at 1:47 AM / IP Logged  
Well, everyone has to start somewhere. I'm not a pro like a lot of folks on here, just a tinkerer, started out in your situation years ago.. Pretty much backyard install for family/friends.
Read and absorb. Go with multiple wire diagrams and cross check one diagram with another. There is more than one place to acquire wire connections in a car and multiple wire diagrams will help you find the most efficient and comfortable way to do your work. Get the proper tools. Crimper, Multimeter, black electrician's tape, Black Duct tape, wire looms etc. etc. Make up your mind as to how you want to connect wires.. soldering them or using t-taps and bullet connectors. I use t-taps and bullet connectors with minimal or no issues. A lot of folks will disagree/agree. Make your own decision as to which way you want to proceed.
Sit down with the wire diagrams and the alarm unit. You obviously know what you want to accomplish and the options you would like as you outlined above. See what you would need to make them happen. For e.g. trunk pop would require you to connect the alarm trunk output to car's trunk input. Assemble that info and see if you miss anything. Check and doublecheck. This is your mental prep.
Go to the car and find the wires you need. Test to make sure they are indeed the ones you are looking for. Plan where you want to install the siren in the engine bay. You want to install it so you conceal the wires to avoid a vandal cutting them during theft. It does not have to be high mounted, It can be lower..areas such as airbox, reservoir tanks etc etc. to conceal it. If you have to remove 2-3 things in the engine bay to install the siren..think of how harder it is going to be to get to it. Run wire loom to make it look factory authentic. Run it along with exisiting wire in the car. Make it blend..
Find a spot in the car where you want the alarm brain installed. Follow the rule of the siren install. If you have to remove 2-3 things to get to the alarm brain, you just made it harder for a thief. Good places to hide are behind the dash guages (if roomy) Behind console units such as A/C or radio (radio is quite a sensitive area since lots of break-ins occur for audio equipment) Behind the glove box area. Under the center console..shifter area etc etc. Mount the alarm brain first and then guide the wires accordingly to where you need them to go.
Always work with the alarm brain fuses disconnected during install until you are ready to activate the alarm to test/deploy. Some install manuals are good enough to mention this to begin with. Some don't since they assume you get it professionally installed. Nothing more worse than shorting out something like a power wire for lock relays and frying relays and IC's.
Audivox and DEI are different companies. Crimestopper is a good unit. However, ask yourself if you want to install a $70 unit on a $35k+ car. The CS-2006FM is an old(er) unit. CS-2014FM is the new one. I installed a crimestopper on a 2002 protege and it does the job..very well. However, I run an autopage RS-855 2-way FM unit on my Infiniti J30 since it give me real-time monitor status and I have some expensive electronics such as Navigation in the car. A lot of programmable channels on the remote Here is a link to it Audiovox now owns autopage and the RS-855 is a result of updated R&D on the original unit RS-850. You will also hear compustar mentioned who is a favorite of a lot of folks on here. I installed one a while back. okay and acceptable in my book.
Get a good alarm LED. Centrally mount it. A good choice is a varad hyper-led. A visual deterrent is the first defense for your car. (Of course if someone wants your car badly, they will probably figure a way to get it) I systematically mount two led's wired in series. One is in the rear-view mirror area in plain sight from the front. The other is centrally mounted inside in the dash area. Newer BMW's have a mirror mounted alarm led option if you ever have the chance to see it..pretty cool.
A good place to pickup relays is here
You would look for the Bosch SPDT 30A relay and harness. Make things a lot cleaner during install (harness) As far as your modules, you already got the answer and DEI part numbers to accomplish them. Nothing is more satisfying than a job well done...and the feeling of Do-it-yourself. Post here with your experiences and questions, not in any particular order! Good luck.
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2004 at 2:42 AM / IP Logged  
DEI is not the same as audiovox...That car that you are working on can be pretty expensive if you damage something. Be EXTRA careful...I doubt that I would be doing a brand new car for my first install. Especially with a car that is so complex. Well we are here for you if you run into any problems...GOOD LUCK!
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
2005tsx 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2004 at 10:29 AM / IP Logged  
Hey metaverse.. thats gotta be one of the best posts ive seen in ahwhile. on tons of different forums. Thanks for the info. I will definitly consider that autopage alarm. Looks like a good unit. I know there is a concern cause this is a newer car, but I will consider all my options prior to doing it. I suppose it will be a difficult chore, but i am generally up for these. I am thinking that if i do go ahead and install it will be after the new year. Right now the car is only a few days old and i dont want the wife to see me splitting the skin so soon :)
tnx
2005tsx 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 10, 2004 at 11:02 AM / IP Logged  
would i still use the same modules on the autopage alarm? Where do you recommend i get the modules? i noticed they seemed pretty expensive like on ebay.
Also the factory alarm already has the function of running windows down and opening trunk. can i somehow tap into that?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic