icon

2004 Mazda 6 Non Bose Wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jrphrp 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: January 27, 2005 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  
Does anyone have the wiring schematics or color coding for the 2004 Mazda 6 with no bose system. I am needing to wire an amp into the factory wiring and can't find anything on the wiring. Any help would be great. Also, does anyone know if the factory head unit provides the power for the speakers or is there a sepparate amp in another location. Again this is for the non bose system.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
spitcar 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2005 at 10:40 PM / IP Logged  

I don't think there's any much different color coding on the 03 and 04.  I'm gonna double check the color code from the radio harness again, and i'll post all the wire that are in the harness.  do u have any luck on taking the factory radio out?

i have tried it and its a pain in the A** and gave up on that before i break something in the center console.  The way i did it  was take out the glove compartment and that was the access to the wire in the back of the head unit.  let me know if u have any way on taking it out.

and to your question, the head unit powers the speaker. there isn't any separate amp to power the speaker.  except for the Bose System.

If u were gonna put an amp to your factory stereo(that is what i did too), u need to know the which wire is positive and negative from the head unit speaker output.

spitcar 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 28, 2005 at 10:41 PM / IP Logged  

I don't think there's any much different color coding on the 03 and 04.  I'm gonna double check the color code from the radio harness again tomorrow, and i'll post all the wire that are in the harness.  do u have any luck on taking the factory radio out?

i have tried it and its a pain in the A** and gave up on that before i break something in the center console.  The way i did it  was take out the glove compartment and that was the access to the wire in the back of the head unit.  let me know if u have any way on taking it out.

and to your question, the head unit powers the speaker. there isn't any separate amp to power the speaker.  except for the Bose System.

If u were gonna put an amp to your factory stereo(that is what i did too), u need to know the which wire is positive and negative from the head unit speaker output.

jrphrp 
Member spacespace
Posted: January 31, 2005 at 3:30 PM / IP Logged  
I havn't got as far as trying to get the factory head unit out. I know there is two bolts on the bottom of the head unit area just at the joint where the center console meets the dash. I was trying to find color coding before taking it all apart. I don't want to start and have to stop in mid stream. Let me know if you find anything else.
jrphrp 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 02, 2005 at 4:26 PM / IP Logged  
I found the information that I was looking for. If anyone needs this here it is. Here is the link if you would like to view a better copy. it is pasted below also.
http://www.directechs.com/directwire/wire_body.asp?action=select&yr=5489&product=Audio#
Radio 12v, blue/red, +, radio harness
Radio Ground, BLACK / YELLOW, -, radio harness
Radio Ignition, orange, +, radio harness
Radio Illumination, lt. GREEN/ red, +, radio harness
Factory Amp Turn-on, blue/black, +, radio harness
Power Antenna, N/A,,,
LF Speaker +/-, red - white," +,-", radio harness or amp
RF Speaker +/-, blue - yellow," +,-", radio harness or amp
LR Speaker +/-, purple - pink," +,-", radio harness or amp
RR Speaker +/-, WHITE/ blue - BLACK/ blue," +,-", radio harness or amp

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.