Posted: February 18, 2005 at 6:02 AM / IP Logged  
did you use tach? maybe you have to program the 555l again
how own your mind, control your life.
MECP certified. always use a DMM
TJ92Civic 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 7:40 AM / IP Logged  

Yes I got a tach, and the 555l self learns, all you do is rund the car.

tim

thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 10:06 AM / IP Logged  
Passlock I has to be one of the best security system out in the market that is made by GM. At least to me it seems that way. I have very little success with it. The reason being, one GM has made a system that is too sophisticated to be bypass or the other, the bypass unit manufacture has not caught up the technology to put a unit on the market that will work flawlessly. Either way. Here is my suggestion. Get two relays and some resistors and bypass it with the diagram shown below. Match the resistance value with tolerance of less that 1% you will have it working for many years.   Yes, get it within less than 1% because some IPC and PCM are very sensitive to any variance to the resistance code. If you do it within the tolerance of 5%-6% as suggested by some company. You will have it working for one season, one month and maybe even less.    It’s a waste of time if you are not on patience to getting the resistance correctly match the first time. BTW, if anyone is interested in buying PASSLOCK I module let me know. I am selling them for less than cost. Private message me if you are interested. I got 10 used DEI 555L, and 5 used Autostart PATSK-350 and 10 new PATSK-350 GM. They are just sitting on the shelves and collecting dust. They work perfectly in the topic just not in the northern climate.

Bypass Diagram is on the right side.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.97 Cavalier, Passlock I - Page 2 -- posted image.
TJ92Civic 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 18, 2005 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  

I tried doing it that way first and had no success at all.  I don't know what I was doing wrong, but it would not work.  The 555l will work, at least some times.

tim

TJ92Civic 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2005 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  

bump

chris354 
Silver - Posts: 253
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 19, 2005 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  

Try grounding the 555l black groun ref. wire in the kick panel. Sometimes the ground ref. in car is not strong enough for the 555 to work .

TJ92Civic 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 20, 2005 at 2:52 PM / IP Logged  

Ill give that a shot..  Is there any reason to not ground it to the passlock ground?

tim

soundmasta 
Silver - Posts: 246
Silver spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2005 at 7:34 AM / IP Logged  

i see alot of cars that the passlock ground isn't strong enough in. i dn'[t care why, i just ground the module, and it works. at this point, thats the best suggestion i've heard. it's hard to say w/o the car in front of me. did yoyu try peeing on the car? try that.

TJ92Civic 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 21, 2005 at 2:03 PM / IP Logged  

Hmmmm...  peeing on the car...  I like that idea, but I don't think my girlfriend would like me to pee on her car lol.

Ill have to switch the ground and see if that works.

Thanks

tim

TJ92Civic 
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 27, 2005 at 2:23 PM / IP Logged  

Ok, I have it so the violet wire only sees ground while RS crank, and I tried using chassis ground instead of passlock ground, and still not working right.  I'm about to drive the car off a cliff, Cavaliers suck...

tim

Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic