Nakamichi - back in business

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Poormanq45 
Silver - Posts: 597
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2005 at 9:44 AM / IP Logged  
DYohn wrote:
Is it true that some of the new heads have true 24-bit LCD screens that can be interfaced with iPods for video upload?
I hope they don't start making their HUs into eye candy like all the other manufactures have done. I personally like the no flash amber/green look of the Nak HUs.
I guess now the only none flash HU is going to come from Mcintosh.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2005 at 11:22 AM / IP Logged  

Sample, new CD-350 in "pink":

Nakamichi - back in business - Page 2 -- posted image.

Support the12volt.com
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 02, 2005 at 11:50 AM / IP Logged  
I like it.
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2005 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  
Not too bad, reminds me of a blaupunkt with a little screen.
eiknujrac 
Member - Posts: 49
Member spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2005 at 12:52 PM / IP Logged  
Says CD-500 in the upper right hand corner?
This just a drawn out april fools joke?
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 02, 2005 at 1:15 PM / IP Logged  
god that's tacky.....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
Poormanq45 
Silver - Posts: 597
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 02, 2005 at 1:39 PM / IP Logged  
Hmm, the screen isn't to gawdy, but I really don't like the RED back lighting.
Are they still going to offer their "plain jane" HUs, I hope?
dmark83 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: April 03, 2005 at 8:06 PM / IP Logged  
Hello,
Wow, One or two of you people seem to have some real insight and appreciation for these great Nakamichi audio decks. In the States, they are not known for their car stereo equipment. That photo you posted was cool and I agree that Nakamichi's should stick with their clear display. We have a Nakamichi CD-250 Mobile Receiver CD Player, which has followed us now into three vehicles. We would have made it to four but the OEM connection plug & harness were damaged when we hastily grabbed it from our last car - just moments before the dealer took it in on trade!
I love this deck but can’t find the parts or even a wiring diagram to get it installed. The US support people were useless and possibly now, no longer in business. What's the scoop? Can we get these items in Canada? Nakamichi’s website no longer even lists a sales office or service center anywhere in the U.S., That is, anywhere south of the Canadian border? Please advise.
All the best,
Dmark83                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 3:36 PM / IP Logged  
Nakamichi USA is bankrupt.
Support the12volt.com
uthinkuknoaudio 
Silver - Posts: 760
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 04, 2005 at 3:44 PM / IP Logged  
I am not in jail lol, but i am very pleased about the new nak gear. I've heard their new stuff. I am most impressed with their CD300 and CD500 with their new capabilities. I am not so fond of the semi-sort of flashy look, but still they look stock when they are turned off which is nice. Not like a pioneer which screems STEAL ME WITH MY CRAZY CHROME DISPLAY (can anyone say audiobahn) with my LCD crazy TEENAGER ALL I WANT IS BASS BASS BASS OUTPUT YEAH LOUD LOUD LOUD.... Ahem, kind of got side tracked. God bless Nakamichi and everyone buy their gear if you want high quality SQ stuff! One question, what happened to the SPW1200D ? Nak subwoofers for the new year are what? I see pictures but no info...
"I don't play games. I play Nakamichi and that for real yo" - Probably some japanese kid said this in the early 80's trying to sell stereo out of his trunk lol.
Page of 5

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic