icon

volfenhag amplifiers ?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ace customs 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 9:24 AM / IP Logged  

I sell Volfenhag as well and they are good if you want a good cheap system. I sell these amps all the time. If you are looking for a high rms amp for cheap get the new Pyle Dryver series D class one ohm amp. It claims 3600 watts max, but produces like 1800 rms at 1 ohm.

Ace Customs
Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 12:35 PM / IP Logged  
People see bigger numbers on the box, so they think they are getting something great. I've noticed this especially on home theatre packages - they advertise "1500watt system" when in all actuality the "system" is 5 speakers that push 30 watts a piece RMS, and a sub that pushes 80 watts RMS. IF you're lucky. What a scam. volfenhag amplifiers ? - Page 2 -- posted image. They intentinally mislead the uninformed to make a ton of money. I feel sorry for these types of people that fall for these scams...
VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 12:49 PM / IP Logged  

Paradigm wrote:
People see bigger numbers on the box, so they think they are getting something great. I've noticed this especially on home theatre packages - they advertise "1500watt system" when in all actuality the "system" is 5 speakers that push 30 watts a piece RMS, and a sub that pushes 80 watts RMS. IF you're lucky. What a scam. volfenhag amplifiers ? - Page 2 -- posted image. They intentinally mislead the uninformed to make a ton of money. I feel sorry for these types of people that fall for these scams...

Who are, of course, the average uninformed consumers.  They are easy prey for advertising and bling glitz.  And then there's the average retailer who is (rightly so) interested in maximizing profits, so it is in their best interest to make the sale regardless.  That's one reason why I spend so much time in this (and other) internet forums, as the majority of the regulars on here work in the industry and are interested in helping people get the best "bang" for their buck and in educating the masses that it is worth it to look past the bling.  But we gotta eat, too, so if someone wants Volfenhag because they only have $100 to spend and that "1800 watts" blasted across the red painted top looks good to them, then sell it to them.  And try to sell them an extended warranty, too.  They'll need it.  :)

Support the12volt.com
ravenndude 
Silver - Posts: 250
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 1:13 PM / IP Logged  
stevdart wrote:
You certainly couldn't get 1600 Sony watts for that amount.
But there's a whole slew of brands that will give you 1600 watts for under $300. Trouble is, you don't want them and you don't want their watts.
This kid last nightwas trying to tell me that he has a 12in sony xplode with a 1600 watt amp ... he was like "this car poundst he f*ck out of anything." I asked him if it was dual voice coil and he kinda got a confused look on his face and said "ah ... yea, man" THen i asked how many ohms he was running at and he said a bunch of bullsh*t and didn't know what he was talking about ... he didn't know what an ohm was.
He let me sit in his car and listen. I said that that was real quiet for 1600 watts. I said, lets go to my car, and bring that CD. He put it in ... went to track 126 (gotta love MP3s) and I pounded the f**k outta him. He said "No fair! I only have one twelve!!" I replied, me too! And I only have 360 watts!! he got a real stunned look on his face so i showed him the sub, he said "what the f*uck." and walked away.
sorry to get off topic, put I thought that was funny.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
it's amazing what "real" power can do... isn't it??
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
Paradigm 
Silver - Posts: 284
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 3:38 PM / IP Logged  

ravenndude wrote:
stevdart wrote:
You certainly couldn't get 1600 Sony watts for that amount.
But there's a whole slew of brands that will give you 1600 watts for under $300. Trouble is, you don't want them and you don't want their watts.
This kid last nightwas trying to tell me that he has a 12in sony xplode with a 1600 watt amp ... he was like "this car poundst he f*ck out of anything." I asked him if it was dual voice coil and he kinda got a confused look on his face and said "ah ... yea, man" THen i asked how many ohms he was running at and he said a bunch of bullsh*t and didn't know what he was talking about ... he didn't know what an ohm was.
He let me sit in his car and listen. I said that that was real quiet for 1600 watts. I said, lets go to my car, and bring that CD. He put it in ... went to track 126 (gotta love MP3s) and I pounded the f**k outta him. He said "No fair! I only have one twelve!!" I replied, me too! And I only have 360 watts!! he got a real stunned look on his face so i showed him the sub, he said "what the f*uck." and walked away.
sorry to get off topic, put I thought that was funny.

Thanks for sharing the funny story. volfenhag amplifiers ? - Page 2 -- posted image.

VEHICLE: 2002 GMC Sonoma ZR2
Alpine CDA-7940
AudioControl EQT x2
JL Audio 1000/1
JL Audio 10W6 (originals) x3
Kicker ZR120
Kicker ZR460
Polk GXR-6 x4
Polk GXR-4 x2
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 08, 2005 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  
kinda like myself,   I am running 350 watts total.    75x4 for our highs and a 25x2 on our subs.   now the amp is running at 1/2 ohm so a little bit more power in reality is we are only running 700-750 real world power. I am about to big jump though and run my 4 channel and a 300 watt sub amp     ohhhhh ahhhhhhh      I am expecting about 147-148db on the term lab, using 10s      I will let u know what we hit next month after the show
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic