icon

What is involved in creating a new dash/console

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
youngmeezy 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2005 at 12:20 AM / IP Logged  
wusup everybody, my fault if this is a dumb question but i'm a newbie so if you guys would be nice enough to enlighten me on this... What exactly is involved in creating a new dash/console? Because i have a 92 firebird and the dash is literally falling apart. the dash is faded, cracked, and alot of pieces are missing. I mean my car interior is really on some pimp my ride type of ish. Seeing that i'm going to be putting a stereo in (subs,amp,components), how can i make my dash look like everybody else on this forum. I think it involves fiberglass right?   but yo thanks in advance
Sound Pressure 
Silver - Posts: 711
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2005 at 1:21 AM / IP Logged  
You can go many different ways it all depends and what exactly you have as a budget to work with. You can carpet, vinyle, fiberglass/paint, tweed, etc. Or you can just go to your local junkyard and pick up another dash cover that might be in better condition if possible. It also depends on your experience with any of the above methods. If not then it all depends on the budget and what fits in that.
Sound Pressure
You know you have the right amount of pressure when your eyes start to water! Now you've got Juice!
Dyson 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2005 at 3:30 AM / IP Logged  

If you want to make a custom dash, id recommend checking out alpines site.

Dashes, are difficult to make from scratch, so if you are beggining, id just use your standard dash as a base to start.

Alpines Link  is https://iweb.alpine-usa.com/html/adc/adc_install5.html?par=p14c5

oonikfraleyoo 
Gold - Posts: 1,069
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 11, 2005 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  
I don't think Alpines site is really a good place for begginers but useing your existing dash would be the way to go.
Nik
Jeeputer Progress
[|||||||||||-] 90%
Check it out.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic