icon

where to get mdf wood

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
d_arnold 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2005 at 2:03 AM / IP Logged  
You guys suck. I'm stuck paying $30.00 a sheet for mdf at Lowes, and $24.00 for a gallon of resin. I'm in Delaware (no small jokes please) I guess instead of a sales tax we just get charged more on the bottom line price. But you can also get resin, bondo, mat, cloth, and all that good stuff at Advance Auto parts too.
d_arnold 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 18, 2005 at 2:07 AM / IP Logged  
Oh yeah
and if your local building supply place doesn't have mdf they can prolly order it for you. That's what I have to do for anything thinner then 3/4 inch. I like to order 1/2 inch. It comes in handy for smaller parts that don't need to be so thick, and it's easier to work with.
abovestock 
Copper - Posts: 247
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2005 at 3:26 AM / IP Logged  
Being an old Homo de-pot lumber employee I can say screw that go to lowes. If your homo depot does not carry MDF they MUST order it in because every store is required to cary it. Also the prices shot up about a year ago nation wide because uncle sam dried up the market with there $.75 billion purchace of plywood to rebuild Iraq. And of course good American economics the price never recovers.
mi_what 
Copper - Posts: 208
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2005 at 11:29 AM / IP Logged  
Watch your mouth abovestock, You think that just because we bought wood from a distributer to build barracks, stores, and schools that you pay more for wood? You need to go back to school and study your economics some more...you aren't paying for supply and demand, just like the gas companies (and we can argue them if you'd like) they manufacturers/distributors see an opportunity to make even more money by blaming Iraq for using all of thier materials so now they have to rub the cost of production on to their customers...if you don't believe me, check back every war. Uncle Sam is not to blame, talk to your local greedy lumber distributor. In all honesty, we used just about as much wood in Iraq as the new small housing project going on right down the road from you...or the new Mall being built in Bum **** Egypt, Texas...only we used it to rebuild teh most importants makings of a small country. Oh yeah and for everybody else in this post...I buy mine from Lowes, they have about 5' by 3' for about 20 bucks, but that is here in Texas
abovestock 
Copper - Posts: 247
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 15, 2005 at 2:51 AM / IP Logged  
Did not mean to offend you at all. Personally I support the war. This is the Gods honest truth about the lumber prices, I also agree that it is the greedy lumber companies that saw an opertunity to DOUBLE prices when this order was put in. Also I just finished a Micro-economics class yesterday with an A for the semester.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic