icon

Thor alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jrecomp 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2005 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  

I am trying to install a Thor CF425 alarm/remote start in a 1994 Eagle Talon DX with 1.8L engine.   I have the alarm and door lock function working fine but can't get the remote start function to work.  Does anyone have any experience with the Thor units??  I have done many alarm and remote starter installs on many different cars but just can't get this one to work.   The manual is the worst I have ever seen.  Many wire colors from the book don't match what is on the wiring harness of the alarm.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2005 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
What does the remote start do when you attempt it? The only suggestion I have with the info provided is to close all the doors, and arm the alarm and then try to remote start it. I've noticed a lot of the ebay specials seem to work that way..
Mike
jrecomp 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2005 at 6:52 PM / IP Logged  

It seems the ignition goes on then shuts off completely.  As a check to see what is happening, I was able to start the car with the key after pressing the button and it just shuts off after about 5 seconds.  I did not connect the door sensing wire nor the brake sensing wire.  Do they need to be connected for it to work??

gcorrea 
Silver - Posts: 436
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 31, 2005 at 11:47 PM / IP Logged  

is your tach wire hooked up, is your hood pin grounded when you remote start?

gcorrea
jrecomp 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2005 at 7:15 AM / IP Logged  
The tach wire is hooked up but there is no hood pin wire on this unit.
bak0707 
Member - Posts: 38
Member spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2005 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  

you might need to hook up the e -brake along with the regular brake wire. i not sure but i believe it has to see everything hooked up.

bodybuilder 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2005 at 6:41 PM / IP Logged  
I'm having this exact same problem. Only difference is that I'm playing wtih a compeltely different car. But it does the same shhh for me. I don't yet have my negative door triggers hooked up yet, only becuase I'm watiing for my diodes to come in. Did you ever get this working?
Don't have a hero.
Look up to no one;
because if someone's leading the way, the best you'll ever be is second
bodybuilder 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2005 at 6:45 PM / IP Logged  
and mine's a new 2005 thor model. instructions were written with a very poor translation.
Don't have a hero.
Look up to no one;
because if someone's leading the way, the best you'll ever be is second
shesaidshewas18 
Copper - Posts: 96
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 17, 2005 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  

I remember isntalling a Thor alarm last year, and I remember it didnt ask for a tach wire. It was asking for the "Oil" light wire in your gauges. But you said you have the 05 version so it might be different

jmbkar 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: June 26, 2005 at 12:40 PM / IP Logged  

I just installed a 2005 Thor alarm on my 2001 F-150. Pain in the butt! The instructions were very badly translated. I had to verify all wires before installing and relable everything.

All of the sensing wires need to be installed before the unit will work properly. I learned that by not installing the some of them and only made it around the corner before the alarm rearmed itself and sut off the engine and sounded the siren. The engine on sensor needs to be installed (yellow/black), and also the negitive door trigers, and brake light wire need to be in.  Also The white wire on the second connector (one with the relays on it) needs to be conected to the load side of the breaker relay, so the unit needs to recieve 2 inputs that the engine is on and running or it shuts everything off and re-arms itself because it thiks that the remote start failed.

And Bodybuilder, what type of vehichle are you installing on? the diodes ar'nt always nessisary. you can hook up directly to the (-) on the back of the interior light switch, and that will give you negitive trigger to both of the doors, as long as you dont have a dome light delay. if you do have a dome light delay then yeah you need the diodes.

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic