icon

rockford fosgate, opinions?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
melontop 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2005 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
whats up everyone. i'm new to the forum. what do you guys think about the rockford fosgate company good and bad? what companies do you run wit?
in process of putting rockford t2 12's in my 97 chrysler cirrus
audiocableguy 
Copper - Posts: 630
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2005 at 8:27 AM / IP Logged  
If you want to spend the coin, look at Zapco, Tru, Audison.
The build quality of the new Rockford stuff is not what it use to be. Was not impressed with the new amps. As far as speakers too many high quality products out there to limit your choice to Rockford. Good Luck.
stang351w 
Silver - Posts: 350
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2005 at 9:12 AM / IP Logged  
rockford fosgate is good for a basic entry level stuff (unless you get into the T1 and T2 subs) then your spending alot of coins for the sub alone, i do agree, RF stuff has gone down hill in quality since they first started, there new P1 and P2 subs have plastic peice's that will rattle as they get older and the looks....well..that's just another story.. i do also agree, there's better products then RF stuff for the money that your going to spend.  but on a positive note about RF, i do like the looks of there pre-fab box's...even if they are half plasitc to.
Tri County KustomZ
certified installer
skoldspuppy 
Silver - Posts: 342
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2005 at 9:46 AM / IP Logged  

In your sig line, I see your looking at  T2's the power line is there best line of products right now, If you stick with the power you will have a good system, but as the others have suggested there are many other fine products in the same price range as Rockford Power Series

Best thing go out to as many Audio shops as you can and listen to all different combonations of equipment as you can

Then you will have a better idea on what you like
--Skold

2004 Honda Civic Ex 4Dr
Kenwood DDX-7015/W Nav
4 Fosgate T152C
Hifonics Brutus BX1500D
RE XXX 12 in a 4 Cube Snail Shell
raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2005 at 10:54 AM / IP Logged  
For subs and sub amps, the price/quality ratio is real good.
Do it right the first time
sneakycyber 
Silver - Posts: 413
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2005 at 2:48 PM / IP Logged  
I used to push fosgate religiously with my old shop. As the others have stated their lower quality lines have degraded. At my new shop we carry both Rockford and Kicker and I tend to like the kicker alot better.
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2005 at 3:37 PM / IP Logged  
About six monthes to a year ago RF ran a one time production of there 10 or 15 year old " old school " amp.I'm not sure of the details because I'm not a dealer. But here's the question, if your brand new totally redesigned line is so good, why would you try to reintroduce a 15 year old amp? Because your old stuff is better then your new stuff.
There is no such thing as free installation!
Drewt 
Copper - Posts: 183
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2005 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  
stay away from 'em. much better stuff for the money!!
arrow12 
Silver - Posts: 527
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2005 at 10:58 PM / IP Logged  
I've have listened to some Fosgate woofers and some Kickers.  At lower prices i thought the Kickers were better I thought.  Fosgate is starting to slack a little on its quality though.  There are a lot of other good woofers and amps in the same price range that are better than Fosgate.
That's my opinion. Take it, leave it, or correct me.
mseav 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2005 at 11:19 PM / IP Logged  
I've been in the business for 15 years and Rockford has lost alot of ground-We discontinued RF when we had to wait months to get defective items back-Stay away from them.  As it has already been posted-you can get alot more for your money in other product lines
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic