-T162C (front)
-T152C (rear)
-Pioneer Premier Deh-P360 Mosfet 50Wx4 head unit
-Pioneer CDX-P650 c.d changer
london luke 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2005 at 3:12 PM / IP Logged  

Does that mean my "negative " remarks dont make sense??

Look at the last lot of headunits they made!! RUBBISH. They are a bit like nakamichi... They traded on their early stuff.

Rockford did a lot for the industry.. It  Took on the likes of Pioneer and kenwood etc. But they have lost the plot a bit.

Too much Fashion and trend was used in the designs. I reccon if they stuck to the simple designed stuff and kept th e quailty They would be a great pain in the arse to JL Audio

Blowntweeters 
Silver - Posts: 650
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2005 at 7:01 PM / IP Logged  
london luke wrote:

Does that mean my "negative " remarks dont make sense??

Look at the last lot of headunits they made!! RUBBISH. They are a bit like nakamichi... They traded on their early stuff.

Rockford did a lot for the industry.. It  Took on the likes of Pioneer and kenwood etc. But they have lost the plot a bit.

Too much Fashion and trend was used in the designs. I reccon if they stuck to the simple designed stuff and kept th e quailty They would be a great pain in the arse to JL Audio

i agree .you understand my view on this completely. it seems it was made trendy so to speak. also for $3000 from the soundstream dealer i buy from i can get a DAM good set up . for SQ or SPL. soundstreams old stuff was great also.
1974 ford pinto 4 15" punch Z power punch bd 1001 pioneer DEH-6700
evanc 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 10, 2005 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  

If you like the way it sounds and it fits your budget, then buy it regardless of what logo is stamped on it.  (You hear the music, not the logo)

I have heard many speakers, subs, amps, etc.  and have not always been more impressed with a prodcut that has a higher price tag.  For instance, I think the old MTX 4000 series subs sounded great, and better than other subs that cost twice the price.  However, other people had different tastes and preferred the sound of the more expensive woofers.  Does that mean I was wrong, or they were?  Of course not.  This goes on the same idea of peoples tastes in food differ.  Some people would prefer chicken to roast beef.  Just because one costs more, than doesn't mean that it must taste better.  Its all about what the individual likes.    So, go out, listen to as much as possible, and make your decision from what you heard, not what you read.

Page of 4

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic