icon

rockford fosgate, opinions?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Fastlearner 
Silver - Posts: 346
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2005 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  
If you get their amps, plan on having them in a very open space. Like the outside of the car. Otherwise they will over heat. Also very sloppy.
chode69 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2005 at 2:47 PM / IP Logged  
Rockford equipment is not bad at all..i agree with you on the P1-P3 models how the dust cover is plastic and i dont like that either but with their higher end equpiment. I  really enjoy the sound and iIblow many systems away with mine. Refer to my signature if you want to see what I got.
-2x T112D2 ported box
-T1001bd amp
-T162C (front)
-T152C (rear)
-Pioneer Premier Deh-P360 Mosfet 50Wx4 head unit
-Pioneer CDX-P650 c.d changer
london luke 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2005 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  

if the amps have "Punch" on them .Then they ar egood!! the rest is rubbish. The "8" series head units are some of th ebest units ever made.

The speakers??? never used them

But I reccon" JL Audio" will go the same way.

chode69 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2005 at 5:09 PM / IP Logged  
london luke wrote:

if the amps have "Punch" on them .Then they ar egood!! the rest is rubbish. The "8" series head units are some of th ebest units ever made.

The speakers??? never used them

But I reccon" JL Audio" will go the same way.

The rest are rubbish?? haha obviously dont understand the power of well a power...their tweeers speakers put out a very clear vocal sound. What amp are you using on your system?

-2x T112D2 ported box
-T1001bd amp
-T162C (front)
-T152C (rear)
melontop 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2005 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  
i have rockford p3's. i liked them they just wasn't loud enough for me. i got t2's on the way they should be loud enough. i had one problem with rf stuff (my own fault). it was some tweeters i burned up. i sent them to them and they promptly sent back the newer model. i like the power amps they're sooo underrated. you guys should check out the stats on the rockford web site.very impressive.  
in process of putting rockford t2 12's in my 97 chrysler cirrus
BoominRolla 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 07, 2005 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  

OK!! I have 2 T1'S in my system... I have them facing forward in a 1997 corolla with 2 4" ports 11" long ported through the rear deck... now playing nellys E.I. It will do 140 db I know this isn't much but I'M MORE THAN HAPPY WITH IT!!!... off a FOSGATE power 20001 amp... I haven't tried playing test tones or getting new batterys or upgrading the altinator yet... I absolutely love their new power series line! There power amps are fan cooled and I have pounded on my sub amp for hours on end on long road trips and it stays BARELY warm... They have done a very nice job on the new amps with the venting! GO ROCKFORD!! And the T1 woofers POUND!!!!! I couldn't imagine what this would sound like facing backwards... my set up is built for sound quality.

AT our shop in maine it takes MAYBE 3 weeks to get repaired rockford gear back... No longer... I have been a rockford woofer and amp fan for the past 6 years!!! I used to love their speakers too but I can't seem to keep a pair longer than 1 summer... what can I say I LIKE IT LOUD!!!!!!!!!! maybe its just my fault? lol but I love the new gear!! You'll get what you pay for!! make sure the woofers are in the right box and feed them enough power and you should LOVE 'EM!!! I don't mind the low end gear but I have moved passed low power handling woofers lol I am power hungry haha but the low end gear may be cheeper but some kids can only afford that stuff and they are more than happy with it!! Some kids have never experienced a few thousand watts into a multi woofer set up and when they do their usually blown away!!!!

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2005 at 2:45 AM / IP Logged  
BoominRolla wrote:
Some kids have never experienced a few thousand watts into a multi woofer set up and when they do their usually blown away!!!!
Yeah... if all you want is loud, and reliability is not an issue for you, then by all means, go for the RF stuff. I would NEVER put RF in any kind of SQ category. The slew rate is far too slow (poor high frequency response), the damping is worthless (sloppy bass), they run FAR too hot for my taste.
As far as speakers? Metal domes an' cones. 'Nuff said.
Basically, RF SUX! Better than Audiobahn in my book - but not by a wide margin... Wouldn't have the stuff. Nope. Probably couldn't give me the stuff. Well, ya could, but I'd sell it - NIB to highest bidder (AKA eBay) - to somebody that knows no better... Gimme Eclipse ANY day of the week. I will blow your mind with ONE 12... Eclipse Ti woofer with 3kW driving it. You'd never believe it was only one woofer!
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
chode69 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2005 at 7:58 AM / IP Logged  

HAHAHA I love it....i blow away pretty much every system with SQ and SPL in my whole area where I live with my rockford system..kenwood sony audiobahn pioneer JBL JL  kicker  MTX infinity...kick their asses. A few systems that had the W7s and Solo X  Thunder 9500  had real good SPL....well the Solo same as the 9500 had good SPL but low SQ. Rockford does not suck. They are far from sucking. I have 2 12 inch T1s and they have a real good sound and knock really hard.

Also whats wrong with metal cones?

-2x T112D2 ported box
-T1001bd amp
-T162C (front)
-T152C (rear)
london luke 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2005 at 11:28 AM / IP Logged  

There could be one major problem with debates like this?

************* AGE************************ !!

Most young people today have only ever listened to  badly recorded ,compressed (And krap music anyway!!) sound.

very few will have listened to good records. Most have not got  aclue as to what is REAL bass etc. Its all noise to them.

dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2005 at 11:40 AM / IP Logged  

Thats a good point there Luke, one can even see the difference in marketing and advertising that is aimed at younger folk from these companies. It's rather comical.

And for some, if it's loud, it sounds GREAT. rockford fosgate, opinions? - Page 2 -- posted image. 

Try going to the Mcintosh web site then RF's. You sure as hell won't see Bam Margera or cheesy customer installs hangin out on the Mcintosh site!

Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic