Ohm Load Stability:     1 Ohm
Low Level Input:     Yes
Built in Cooling Fan:     No
Bass Control Knob:     Yes
bmwpwner 
Copper - Posts: 174
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2006 at 8:41 AM / IP Logged  

if you are using that radio on the 3.5" and 6x9s then here is something to try from the radio. i think that radio has a FIE (front image enhancer) function. if you turn that on for the front speakers then you can use it kind of like a crossover and set it to the highest setting (i think it is 250). if you are using an external amp then it won't matter to much since most amps has at least a high pass filter crossover built in. it probably wouldn't hurt to put some bass blockers on those front speakers.

as far as the woofers and sub amp go i would wire them into a 4 ohm load (series the 2 coils) and i would put them into stereo on the amp. the reason i am saying wire them in stereo is because every 16 year old i have seen wants to crank on the system as much as they can and then wonder why they blow the woofers or the amp. if you put the system in stereo it will run the amp easier and have a lighter load on the subs. i would also tune the system so that everything is as low as possible and still sound clean. power isn't what kills equipment it is about how you operate the equipment and how you listen to it. when we have younger customers in our shop we spend almost as much time educating them on what not to do as we spend installing the system. this is better for us because if do something to the system that we told them not to then when it breaks they know they are at fault. we call this a "bought lesson". i would hate to see your vehicle fall into this category.

btw, i would like to say i didn't mean to offend installer_mss by calling him sweetums. i don't consider this to be name calling because i merely wanted to lighten the mood around his tone. i also like the name sugar breechez (but you have to say it with a southern draw). that is a little pet name i have for nouseforaname at our shop and he loves it. lol, all good and keep learning fun sugar breechez.

good luck and hope this helps.

"I cannot teach anybody anything, I can only make them think."
-Socrates-
Installer_mss 
Copper - Posts: 221
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2006 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  
it might not have FIE if it an older pioneer.  but if you do have that feature i would use it.  do use the bass blockers if you use the HU to run the speakers, and not if you use an external amp.  i would use an amp at high pass myself because you get a cleaner sound from an external amp than a HU and a lower distortion level.  it costs a little more do buy two amps but you will hear the difference and be glad that you did.  bmw pretty much nailed it on the sub/amp thing.  run it at 4 ohm stereo and you'll have enough power to kick up some bass and not run the amp into the ground doing so.  if you run it like this and use proper installation techniques you should never have any problems with the amp unless there is a manufacturer defect of coarse...which is not likely.  besides, those concept amps i've noticed don't like to be run full throttle for long periods of time, but at 4 ohm stereo it should be fine.  and lastly, no don't buy the bigger amp, you don't need more power than the first amp.  if you don't mind me asking...what kind of vehicle is this all going in?
demo21r 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2006 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
It is going in a 1994 OLDS cutlass ciera 4dr I have used rubberized under coating inside the trunk to help reduce noise and vibration I have 1/0 power and ground wire and using monster 16ga speaker wire.
bmwpwner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2006 at 9:56 PM / IP Logged  
that pioneer should have FIE on it. that is last years model but it is a wal-mart radio. i think the only difference between the deh-p47 and deh-p4700mp is the display colors and the 47 may not have mp3 playback. anyway, i would probably put bass blockers on the 3.5" speakers either way you go personally. the FIE would be a cheap way to go especially if you don't want to have to go back into the install to put the blockers in. i like to safe guard the smaller speakers as much as possible especially when the customers are young. good luck and hope this helps.
-Socrates-
demo21r 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2006 at 10:27 PM / IP Logged  
I'll let you know How it goes.
bmwpwner 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2006 at 6:58 PM / IP Logged  
hey guys, this is a little off the subject but i was wondering what a good program would be to do the drawings for schematics. i am wanting to design a sheet for alarms and some other basic things for some co-workers and i like the way the relay diagrams and stuff look on this site but i don't know which program would have everything i need for mobile electronics. any suggestions for a trial version so i can sample the program prior to buying it would be great. thanks in advance.
-Socrates-
demo21r 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2006 at 11:10 PM / IP Logged  
Well I got it all hooked up went with Kicker 1200.1 with 2 12 solobaric dual 2ohm voice coils and wired to 2ohm and it sounds great does not seem to be pushed to hard and best of my 16 yr old likes it and is happy with the system
Thank you all for all the info will continue to read on
Rich Running One VC on a DVC Sub - Page 7 -- posted image. Running One VC on a DVC Sub - Page 7 -- posted image.
mike_2127 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2006 at 4:18 PM / IP Logged  
I don't understand why you would do that. i guess if you don't have a choice, or the customer brought the speaker in, you could do that but otherwise just bye the right speaker/speakers. i think the wiring options are meant for using both voice coils on a dual voice coil speaker.
pwuthedon 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2006 at 8:42 PM / IP Logged  
not a good idea
Page of 16

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic