icon

Besy Buy Installers, What do you make?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
kwalton 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2006 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  
i have been working for best buy for almost 9 years and i have noticed as of late that it is just one of the worst places to work. i have been an installer, senior, and sup/lead. right now i am just an installer because i stepped down during the last "big shift" i am also in a struggle to get a raise from my last review; they won't give one to me because i makw eot much. so what do you make an hour???
cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2006 at 9:43 PM / IP Logged  
Wow 9 years for big blue huh?  Damn, as for the pay depends a lot on the area you work.  I know the guys in NY make an average of 18/hr. While in my area they start at 11/hr.
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
spookiestylez 
Silver - Posts: 531
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2006 at 10:59 PM / IP Logged  

wow, 18 an hour sounds soooo good right now, Im at the bottom of the totem pole right now....I make so little im imbarrassed to say...been an installer for years, and only w/ BB for about a year nowBesy Buy Installers, What do you make? -- posted image.

sS

killer sonata 
Silver - Posts: 718
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2006 at 11:33 PM / IP Logged  
why dont you apply for a better company in your area? Maybe one that only specializes in car audio.
spookiestylez 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2006 at 6:47 PM / IP Logged  

Im on the prowl for something like that now....a few things are up in the air...but if I can find something better first....gone lol

sS

cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2006 at 7:16 PM / IP Logged  
spookiestylez wrote:

Im on the prowl for something like that now....a few things are up in the air...but if I can find something better first....gone lol

sS

I second that emotion.  Though thanks to the overall image of bb installers, it's kinda hard to get other shops to even talk to me.

Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
kwalton 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: June 03, 2006 at 9:28 PM / IP Logged  
i have looked at my pay rate with my gm and it says that the cap for my pay scale is $20.09. I am not to far off from that but they will still not give me a raise for my yearly review which i scored a 3.7 on. i am the most productive and knowledgeable in my store. in fact i have more experience than every other installer combined. i just don't think it's right especially when they pound the "employee retention" into your head. if they want to be the "employer of choice" then they need to pay appropriately; plain and simple.
spookiestylez 
Posted: June 04, 2006 at 12:07 AM / IP Logged  

CIrcuit guys makes alot more than BB....more hourly,bonus,and they get tips (from the guys I talked to)....we get gar-bage pay,no tips or bonus.....the money is working for dealerships and/or doing commission work from other *ma&pa shops

sS

rtfm
mad550 
Copper - Posts: 201
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2006 at 8:38 AM / IP Logged  
I have the MECP Master Installer equivelent here what would that get me over there??
WOW Sight and Sound
Maroochydore
Nothing is impossible!
Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
mad550 
Copper - Posts: 201
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2006 at 9:14 AM / IP Logged  
Ah I see, fair enough then depends on local economy etc
WOW Sight and Sound
Maroochydore
Nothing is impossible!
Do it right the first time or don't do it at all.
Page of 8

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic