icon

How to Wire Through a Door Molex.

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
SilkSurgeon 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2006 at 12:57 AM / IP Logged  
This is an excellent post. Keep it up. Molex's are becoming more and more popular.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2006 at 12:32 PM / IP Logged  
It helps to have a number of different types of tools to help take out molex connectors, like a angled pick tool for example to push on a tab that might be on the backside of the molex.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
oscarnl86 
Copper - Posts: 84
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2006 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  

are most cars like that? because i remember when i was yunger i tryed removing the ruber boot but could not get it back into place just wana make sure

i know some stuff and what i dont know ill make it up feel free to ask
wranglercory 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 28, 2006 at 1:10 PM / IP Logged  
take your time and dont run it around the body
dcman41 
Copper - Posts: 211
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: March 16, 2009 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  
Great tutorial, i just did that my self last night, in my g35 coupe. I drilled through the molex connectors(one on the door side, and one on the car side)  since there was alot of empty spots in the connectors, then i ran my 2 sets of 16 gauge speaker wire through it. I had a hard time getting the male connector to snap back in place, the connector that sits in the door jamb, not the one that is coming from the door itself. I then, snaked all my wires through the factory grommet. It took a long time but im glad that i took my time to do it right.
bwhvac065@aol.c 
Copper - Posts: 67
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 06, 2009 at 12:12 AM / IP Logged  
nice work not too many people know how to do it right. keep up the good work
Blazerspl
6 rockford 12s
5500 watt pa amp
12.0 cubic enclosure
BIG 3
hamzter 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: April 12, 2009 at 7:30 PM / IP Logged  
I think this is the best route especially in the newer vehicles. +1 on the pump Side...
gus1 wrote:
The other, really pump way to do this if you have access to a pretty vast terminal selection is to actually repin the factory connector.
We try to keep a few terminals in stock at all times for the newer Hondas such as the Ridgeline, Accord, and Odessy, along with the new VW stuff and the Dodges(truck rears). Only takes a couple seconds tocrimp,insert, done. And, you don't need to worry about a body shop cutting your wiring if they need to take the door off.
Just another perspective....
Gus
Mark "Hamzter" Cinense
1991 Infiniti G20 w/JDM SR20DE
Eclipse CD8445
MTX Thunder 684
Polk DB6750
Polk DB6500
Optima Red Top in the Trunk
soundcontrol 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2009 at 6:10 PM / IP Logged  

Really good post. Did this a few months ago on my wifes 07 mustang.

I was really wized when I went to work and found the molex. I was hoping it would die with Dodge/chrysler vehicles.

As far as the lazy way, instead of drilling why didn't those jack-a%$es just run the wire to the backside of the head unit and tap onto the factory wire. Even if you have compnonets you can split it inside the car door with the x-overs. It isn't the best option becuase the factory wire isn't as quality as what you are adding, but it would still work really well.

When I worked at Ccity years ago and someone didn't want to pay for the wire required to run everywhere that is what we would go with. With an after market radio harness it takes only a few minutes to do with adding the rcas and remote wire.

Great pics as well.

Just do something
darksidecelica 
Member - Posts: 30
Member spacespace
Posted: August 24, 2009 at 8:41 PM / IP Logged  

This guide came in handy as I had to do a 4 actuator install on a 07 mazda 6 a few weeks ago. The first one took some time but the last three I breezed through them quickly

jas23 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: March 11, 2010 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  
I signed up to this forum just to say thanks a ton for taking the time to post this up with awsome pictures, I was looking for some info on this for ages before I came across this post.
I am doing an install on a 2008 Mazda 3 at the moment and this is going to be gold for doing those front doors.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic