icon

w7 or w3s

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
93cavdemon 
Member - Posts: 31
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2006 at 12:32 AM / IP Logged  
ok maybe u guys can help me out wtright now i have a 12w7 but i personally think it sounds like doodie in my car do you think i should sell it for 2 12w3v3s? i have 2 12w1v2s and thye sound better then the w7 i think this might be a smart idea to get somethign mid line from jl...its in a 89 cavalier z24 and im currently using a diamond d6 1500.1 amp
kicker audio1 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2006 at 2:01 AM / IP Logged  
i have heard alot of bad out of the W7's, personally, i wouldnt waste my money, but i have heard a few that sound ok, but yeah id sell them and get W3's but thats just me, im Kicker, and Rockford Fosgate man, peace
luckydevil 
Silver - Posts: 365
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2006 at 2:04 AM / IP Logged  
The W7 is a good sub, expensive, but good.
If it sounds bad I'd start looking at the box. Can you give us more info on the box? Sealed or ported, volume, port size?
93cavdemon 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2006 at 2:08 AM / IP Logged  
ok so heres the kicker its in a jl prowedge box.....http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_enclosures.php?menu=5&prod_id=303
thats the exact box i have running it with a diamond d6 1500.1 and it dosent matter weather the sub is in my trunk or back seat. it seems like it has no volume to it. my friend has the same set up in his caddy and its almost the same thing seems like it has no volume. also if i have it turned up and you close to the sub you can hear almost a buzzing noise when it hits
kicker audio1 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2006 at 2:08 AM / IP Logged  
yeah, when u bbuild a box, use ľ inch MDF wood on the box, and if u port it, use the port calculator on this site on the home page, and make sure u seal the whole box on the inside, even if it is ported, and also make sure u have the correct amount of space that the sub requires, hope i could help, peace
luckydevil 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2006 at 2:19 AM / IP Logged  
93cav- Okay so that rules out the box. How did you set the gains? Any more details you can give us on the install?
kicker audio1 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2006 at 2:24 AM / IP Logged  
check the manual, it should give u a range, just set it to where it sounds the best to u, i mean, not all the way up, but where it satifies u, or sounds the best
luckydevil 
Silver spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2006 at 2:28 AM / IP Logged  
kicker audio1 wrote:
check the manual, it should give u a range, just set it to where it sounds the best to u, i mean, not all the way up, but where it satifies u, or sounds the best
That is how NOT to set gains. Search on here for "Gain" and do some reading.
kicker audio1 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2006 at 2:33 AM / IP Logged  
they say different things, liek some ppl say what i said, some ppl use different techniques, but id liek to use the more proffesional way to set them
93cavdemon 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 13, 2006 at 2:40 AM / IP Logged  
ide have to look at it tomarrow ima tinker with it but it seems really off not loud at all i wish u were local but of course not but do you think that amp is good for it? maybe i have to turn the gain down i might be over powering it i doubt it the 12w7 is 750w rms and the diamond amp puts out 1500 at 1 ohm but the w7 is 3 ohms
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic