icon

06 Toyota 4Runner Remote Start, Windows

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jproc 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2006 at 8:39 AM / IP Logged  
Just installed a compustar alarm/rs and bypass in a 06 4runner. When I remote start the truck the airbag light comes on. When I start it with the key there's no light. No factory alarm, and everything else works fine. Any ideas?
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 06, 2006 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged  
This sounds as if you may have missed one of the required wires. Did you hook up both ignitions and the accessory? Verify that you have voltage to all the required wires while remote starting.
DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - TOYOTA / 4RUNNER / 2006 / Remote Start
[PRINT THIS PAGE]
12volts      WHITE/ blue (50A), red (30A)       +       ignition harness
Starter      GREEN/ black       +       ignition harness
Second Starter      N/A            
Ignition      BLACK/ red       +       ignition harness
Second Ignition      blue / YELLOW       +       ignition harness
Third Ignition      N/A            
Accessory      WHITE/ green       +       ignition harness
Second Accessory      N/A            
Keysense      GREEN/ YELLOW       -       ign harn or BECU, top plug, pin 14
Notes: Using the status output to trigger this wire during remote start will disarm the factory alarm without unlocking the doors.
The Body ECU is part of the fuse box under the driver side dash. The three plugs on the right side edge of the fuse box are for the Body ECU.
Power Lock      blue       -       driver kick, 18 pin plug
Notes: Meter the wire while turning the key in the driver door key cylinder.
Power Unlock      green (double pulse)       -       driver kick, 18 pin plug
Notes: Meter the wire while turning the key in the driver door key cylinder.
Lock Motor      blue/red to BLACK/ white       5wi      driver kick, 13 pin plug
Unlock Motor      blue/black to BLACK/ red       5wi      driver kick, 13 pin plug
Parking Lights+      green       +       left of fuses, 16 pin plug
Parking Lights-      green       -       BECU, top plug, pin 8
Notes: The Body ECU is part of the fuse box under the driver side dash. The three plugs on the right side edge of the fuse box are for the Body ECU.
Hazards      white       -       hazard switch
Turn Signal(L)      blue/black       +       left of fuses, 16 pin plug
Turn Signal(R)      blue / YELLOW       +       left of fuses, 16 pin plug
Reverse Light      RED / yellow       +       left of fuses, 16 pin plug
Door Trigger      purple / YELLOW       -       BECU, top plug, pin 12
Notes: Can also use individual door trigger wires in the middle plug at the BECU. The driver door trigger is RED / black in pin 23, the passenger door is RED / yellow in pin 24, the left rear door is pink/black in pin 11, and the right rear door is pink/blue in pin 12. Use all four wires and diode isolate each.
The Body ECU is part of the fuse box under the driver side dash. The three plugs on the right side edge of the fuse box are for the Body ECU.
Dome Supervision      white       -       plug to right of fuses, pin 8
Trunk/Hatch Pin      GREEN/ YELLOW       -       back door ECU in hatch
Hood Pin      pink/green       -       driver kick, blue 18 pin plug
Trunk/Hatch Release      N/A            
Power Sliding Door      N/A            
Factory Alarm Arm      arms with lock            
Factory Alarm Disarm      disarms with unlock            
Disarm No Unlock      use key sense wire            
Tachometer      BLACK/ white       ac       ECM, 2nd plug from bottom, pin 1
Notes: The ECM (Engine Control Module) is behind the glovebox.
On the 6 cylinder models, you can also find this wire at the data link connector under the driver side dash.
Wait to start      N/A            
Brake Wire      GREEN/ YELLOW       +       left of fuses, 16 pin plug
Parking Brake      lt. green       -       BECU, middle plug, pin 2
Notes: The Body ECU is part of the fuse box under the driver side dash. The three plugs on the right side edge of the fuse box are for the Body ECU.
Horn Trigger      GREEN/ red       -       horn switch
Memory Seat 1      pink       -       memory seat switch on dash
Memory Seat 2      purple       -       memory seat switch on dash
Memory Seat 3      N/A       -      
Interface Module:      Category:
Immobilizer Bypass      Required:
Yes      Type:
Transponder
Part #: 556UW
Alternate Part1 #: DesignTech 20402
Alternate Part2 #: DesignTech 29402
Notes: Standard on all models.
Smart Starter Kill Relays: Not Available
warning      
This wiring information is being provided free of charge on an "as is" basis, without any representation or warranty. It is your responsibility to verify any circuit before interfacing with it using a digital multimeter.
Directed Electronics assumes no responsibility with regards to the accuracy or currency of this information. Proper installation in every case is and remains the responsibility of the installer. DEI assumes no liability or responsibility resulting from improper installation, even in reliance upon this information.
jproc 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2006 at 9:20 AM / IP Logged  

yep, accessory and second ignition are hooked up. I tried hooking up the keysense wire to the bypass, but no help there either. All connections were tested and soldered. Thanks Twelvoltz

Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 06, 2006 at 10:15 AM / IP Logged  
Take a look at the ignition switch itself and see if there are more wires than what is listed on the sheet. The sheets are always a good guide, but not always 100% accurate. I have run across a couple of vehicles that required more than what the sheets list. I would recommend testing all the wires coming from the switch to determine their function, and energize one at a time with the proper output (ignition, accessory, etc) if your light goes out, then make a permanent connection using a relay to the wire that solved the problem.
The other thing I would recommend trying is if there is no other wires coming from the switch, I would try energizing the accessory as ignition when remote starting. I run into this a lot on Dodge trucks, where the check engine light will trip after remote start if one of the accessory wires is energized as an accessory, for some reason the ECM does not like the delay of accessory power returning, so I set it to ignition output and all is good.
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2006 at 5:03 PM / IP Logged  
Shouldn't be a problem, i do lots of 4Runners. As long as the two ignitions stay powered during crank this should not happen. You really don't even need the accessory wire, so i know that's not it. Could it possibly be something in your bypass hookups?
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
NowYaKnow 
Gold - Posts: 1,217
Gold spacespace
Posted: November 06, 2006 at 5:17 PM / IP Logged  
Definately sounds like an issue with that 2nd ignition wire. Put your test light on it and activate the remote start to watch it and see what it's doing.
Mike
jproc 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2006 at 8:40 AM / IP Logged  
I plan on hooking up 2 window modules to a 4runner. I'm using 2 crimestopper cs5501s for rear/sunroof and 2 front windows. I might forget the rear in favor of open/close on sunroof. Anyone have experience with 4th gen 4runners? I've already tapped into the sunroof motor (bypassing any circuit boards). Is this an open, 12v, or ground at rest system? Thanks
jproc 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2006 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks, I'll check the sceond ign. Mike, I'm installing window modules in my 4th gen 4runner (posted a new one in this section) any hints?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Posted: November 07, 2006 at 8:53 AM / IP Logged  
 DRIVER WINDOW UP Extend lock pulse to roll up window      
 DRIVER WINDOW DOWN Extend unlock pulse to roll down window      
 PASSENGER WINDOW UP Extend lock pulse to roll up window      
 PASSENGER WINDOW DOWN Extend unlock pulse to roll down window      
 LEFT REAR WINDOW UP Extend lock pulse to roll up window      
 LEFT REAR WINDOW DOWN Extend unlock pulse to roll down window      
 RIGHT REAR WINDOW UP Extend lock pulse to roll up window      
 RIGHT REAR WINDOW DOWN Extend unlock pulse to roll down window      
jproc 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 07, 2006 at 12:43 PM / IP Logged  
hooking up some modules and can't figure out if the windows are open, grounded, or live at rest. I'm hooking up the sunroof, rear window, and front two to a crimestopper module. Set my compustar outputs to latch (-). Thanks
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic