icon

Subwoofer not responding

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
boulderguy 
Silver - Posts: 510
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2006 at 10:36 AM / IP Logged  
Still unclear why your mono amp requires all those jumpers...What model is it again?
Problem solving like this requires you to eliminate as many links in the chain as possible. So next I'd wire the sub directly to the working amp to be sure it works.
If so, then it's your amp, either not working or not setup properly.
bchoi414 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: November 13, 2006 at 8:28 PM / IP Logged  
its the alpine MRP-350...and damn..amp toasted?? I,too, dont understand the jumpers but Im just following the configurations thats shown on my first post.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2006 at 9:58 AM / IP Logged  
It's not an MRA-F350 is it?  If so it is not a subwoofer amp and will only function properly with certain Alpine head units.  The MRP-M350 does not have any such jumpers.
Support the12volt.com
bchoi414 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2006 at 1:32 PM / IP Logged  
Heres the link to the ebay auction I won
Yeah, it is the MRP-M350, not MRA-F350. When I opened the box it did include the jumpers. Should I avoid using it?
pss5075104 
Copper - Posts: 144
Copper spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2006 at 1:40 PM / IP Logged  
The amp sonuld not have jumpers the jumpers listed in the pictures are on a alpine type r dvc sub. the jumpers are used to series or parallel the voice coils.
D
MECP First Class Certified Installer.
Nothing is impossable, it's just more expensive.
bchoi414 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2006 at 1:41 PM / IP Logged  
Sorry, bad link...it wont let me display ebay links for some reason. But for sure it is a MRP-M350.
DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2006 at 1:44 PM / IP Logged  
That amplifier has inputs on one side and power/outputs on the other.  It is a very standard amplifier.  I have no idea WHAT jumpers you are talking about.  There should be no jumpers on this amp.
Support the12volt.com
xtremej 
Gold - Posts: 1,440
Gold spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2006 at 1:59 PM / IP Logged  
We just installed  a mrp-m350 it had no jumpers, are you talking about the jumpers that come with alpine dvc subs?
bchoi414 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 14, 2006 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
Ah Im really sorry. The jumpers are for the Alpine Type-R sub...sorry, I wasnt aware you were refering the jumpers to the amp.
DYohn 
Posted: November 14, 2006 at 6:35 PM / IP Logged  
OK.  So you have one woofer?  install the jumpers as your owner's manual instructs for a 2-ohm configuration and connect this to your sub amp.  If there is no output, disconnect it and try connecting the sub to one channel of your 4-channel mains amp (disconnecting the main speaker first.)  If the sub now makes noise, it is OK, if not it is bad or your connection is bad.  Try connecting any other speaker to the sub amp (keeping the volume low when you do this.)  If it makes noise, the amp is OK.  If not, the amp or the connections to it has a problem.
Support the12volt.com
Page of 3

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic