icon

wiring harness color code, Delco 30015807

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ecurb 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  

I need the basic wiring of factory wiring harness that plugs into the radio for a Delco model 30015807?

The orginal plug has been removed from the radio and cut off the wires (and the radio plug is lost, gone by-by) and there are approximately 12 to 13 wires hanging out of the dash where this radio was located. Does anyone know the color code connections, etc or where I might find such on the computer links?

Thanks

master5 
Silver - Posts: 1,123
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 9:08 PM / IP Logged  

I can give to the delco codes off the top of my head...

Black-ground     orange-constant12v    yellow-switch 12v     gray-illumination     brown-dimmer     pink-remote/power antenna

LF+ TAN       LF-GRAY          RF+LIGHT GREEN   RF- DK GREEN

LR+ BROWN  LR- YELLOW    RR+DK BLUE    RR- LIGHT BLUE

now you need to be careful because there are 2 browns....and 2 grays....2 are speakers..2 are for lighting so you don't want to confuse those..the dimmer and illumination will show neg with lights off...positive with lights on

any other wires leftover you probably won't need if there are any..you didn't mention the year or model of the VEHICLE, and the model number off the delco doesn't tell me squat..lol

cntrylvr79 
Silver - Posts: 582
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 9:31 PM / IP Logged  
Don't forget depending on the vehicle, there may be a GREEN / WHITE that reads as ground.  IF you ground to that wire the speedometer will not work.  THat's vss for those radios with speed control volume.
Cause I'm So white and nerdy...
First Class Certi-fried installer
master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 25, 2006 at 9:39 PM / IP Logged  
Thats a good suggestion..never ground or connect anything to anything unless you know what it's for..good rule of thumb.
ecurb 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 5:55 AM / IP Logged  

The vechicle is a 1995 (approx year) GM GEO!!

Thanks

geepherder 
Platinum - Posts: 3,668
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 6:30 AM / IP Logged  
To the left of this screen, under Car Audio, Car Security, or Cruise Control, click on Vehicle Wiring. Be sure to test all wires with a multimeter.
My ex once told me I have a perfect face for radio.
ecurb 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 8:22 PM / IP Logged  

The GEO is a 1995-96 Prizm! and the vec wiring section of 12volt.com does not list the speaker colors for this model!! it's lists them as n/a

I have a small portable transistor radio with a external speaker cable so as I can identify the speaker wires with a multimeter first and then connect the transistor radio speaker output to the wires to identify (pair) and label the speaker and test the speakers, Maybe.  I plan on using a multimeter to identify the Gray switched 12volt and other power wires so as they will not get cross connected as speaker wiring!

I'm trying to get him to tell me how many wires are involved and their colors, because I'm trying to get an idea of the connections before the vec. is brought to me! (I have not seen the mess yet) I found the Delco radio model 30015807 (1 thru 13 pins) ID, but the colors were not listed! (the 30015807 Delco radio plug is the single plug 13 pin type) used on GM imports!

I now need the  speakers color code for a 95-96 GEO Prizm and any other suggestions appreciated?

The 12v, grounds, Illum, etc are listed in the vec section of 12v.com but the speakers colors are n/a.

Thanks

master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 9:12 PM / IP Logged  

Ah ok..see how it helps to have all the correct info and vehicle?

I gave the wiring for a regular GM..not import. I do not have the wiring for the imports unfortunatly.

What I need to know is ...is there a harness already on the deck?  What kind of car are you installing it in? if it's the same the colors should match already.  If not..you can purchase an aftermarket "reverse" harness for the deck...and an aftermarket harness for the dash...wire them together color for color..and your done.  Or you can do this..a bit unethical but it works. Purchase the aftermarket reverse harness and note the colors (they will be standard)..then return the harness and you have your code..at least for the deck.

master5 
Silver spacespace
Posted: November 26, 2006 at 9:17 PM / IP Logged  

BTw..if you just need to figure out the speaker wires in the vehicle (but why on earth was the harness hacked off in the first place..thats weak) you can pop them with a small battery like a 9v..the wires that pop the speaker in pairs are the ones you hook to the respective wires on the deck.  You can also observe the proper polarity (phasing) this way by making sure the speaker cone moves in an "outward" direction when the positive terminal of the battery is on it...thats the positive wire that goes to that speaker wire on the deck.

Or post all the wires you can once you have an idea and I will try to make some sense of it for you..I might remember once I know..or post a picture if possible.

ecurb 
Member spacespace
Posted: November 27, 2006 at 5:29 AM / IP Logged  

Got it! Thanks for the info!!!

Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic