icon

06 Tacoma alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
larzzzz 
Member - Posts: 10
Member spacespace
Posted: December 17, 2006 at 2:38 PM / IP Logged  
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has a wiring diagram for this vehicle. I had an appointment to have a Clifford Matrix RSX50.5 installed, but I removed a compustar RS unit from my wife's old car and found all of the wiring just wrapped and taped around the wires that they were spliced into. nothing but tape! To say I was a little upset is an understatement. I cancelled the appointment and telling the guy behind the counter that he/they were a bunch of hacks made me feel better. But now I am gonna do this myself. I was heavily into car audio years ago and feel confident that I can do this. I just can't find a wiring diagram.
Thanks,
Larzzzz
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 19, 2006 at 8:49 AM / IP Logged  
Wich model compustar....I can send you some COOL info. tell me what the brain # is.
larzzzz 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2006 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
It is a CM-4200 v.2 with 4 button remotes. Will this thing be doing tricks when I'm done messing with it? Thanks for the offer, I hope it works.
Thank God I scrounged around some more and found wiring Diagram on what was page 32 of this forum....it wasn't in the d/l section. Life is good 06 Tacoma alarm/remote start -- posted image.
KarTuneMan 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 20, 2006 at 8:33 AM / IP Logged  
Wire/FunctionCM4200ColourLocation/DescriptionPolarity
 12 VOLTS RED & RED / WHITE(CN1) WHITE/ blue Ignition switch harness  
 IGNITION GREEN (CN1) Blue / YELLOW Ignition switch harness  
 IGNITION 2 BLUE (CN1) BLACK/ red Ignition switch harness  
 ACCESSORY WHITE (CN1) Runs with ignition wire    
 STARTER YELLOW (CN1)  BLACK/ white Ignition switch harness  
 STARTER 2 RED / BLACK (CN2) + Relay GREEN/ black Ignition switch harness  
 KEY SENSE  GREEN/ black Ignition switch  
 TACH SIGNAL YELLOW/BLACK (CN3) See notes    
On the 2.4L and the 2.7L engine, there are 2 coils on the left front of the engine. Use the BLACK/ BLUE or BROWN / YELLOW for a 2 cylinder signal. On the 3.4L engine there is a coil per cylinder. Use the wire opposite from the BLACK/ RED at any of the coils. With any of the engines you can also find a BLACK tach reference at pin-15 of the 26-pin connector on the ECM behind the glovebox.
 FUEL INJECTOR  Opposite from BLACK/ red At any injector on engine  AC 
 LOCK BLUE/BLACK (CN4) Blue/white In driver's kickpanel  
 UNLOCK BLUE (CN4) GREEN/ black (double pulses) In driver's kickpanel  
 DOORPIN RED / WHITE(+) or RED(-) (CN3) SEE NOTES    
GREEN (driver's door), GREEN / WHITE (passenger door), YELLOW /GREEN (rear doors). All 3 wires are found in a 22-pin connector on the front of the fusepanel under the dash. Isolate with 1N4001 diodes if connecting together.
KarTuneMan 
Posted: December 20, 2006 at 8:34 AM / IP Logged  
BRAKESWITCH LT.BLUE/WHITE (CN3) Blue At switch above brake pedal  
 PARKLIGHTS GREEN / WHITE (+) (CN1) or (-) (CN2) Green Parking light switch  
 HAND BRAKE LT.BLUE (CN3) Manual only GREEN / WHITE At switch on handbrake lever  
 HORN WHITE (-) (CN2) GREEN/ red At steering column  
 CLUTCH SWITCH Manuals only (see inst. Guide)  BLACK/ white At switch on top of clutch pedal  TYPE 1 
 DRIVER WINDOW UP  Blue / YELLOW At master window switch  REV POL 
 DRIVER WINDOW DOWN  Blue/green At master window switch  REV POL 
 PASSENGER WINDOW UP  RED / black At master window switch  REV POL 
 PASSENGER WINDOW DOWN  RED / green At master window switch  REV POL 
 HEADLIGHTS  RED / blue or RED / green At light switch harness  
 REVERSE LIGHTS  RED / black In driver's kickpanel  
 DIMMER  WHITE/ green At harness behind dimmer switch  
 VSS WIRE  GREEN/ orange At ECM behind glovebox   
The GREEN/ ORANGE vss wire is located on the ECM behind the glovebox. On the 2.4L and 2.7L, it's at pin-8 of the 22-pin connector. On the 3.4L, it's at pin-12 of the 28-pin connector.
06 Tacoma alarm/remote start -- posted image. Available Notes
Vehicle Notes 
N/A
Additional Notes 
WHEN PROGRAMMING THE PATS TOYOTA THE BLACK WIRE FROM PATS TOYOTA MODULE TO GROUND FIRST. AFTER THE BLACK WIRE IS GROUNDED GROUND THE BLUE KEY SENSE WIRE ON THE IGNITION BARREL. DO NOT GROUND AT THE SAME TIME.

You see on this diagram it lits the wire for the brain, and the color and location of the wire on your truck.....put the 2 together.

larzzzz 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2006 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks Kar for the wiring diagram, but which vehicle is it for? If it's the Tacoma, it is referencing engine sizes that aren't in this truck. I did find one for the 06 Tacoma already, but thanks for your reply. The Compustar I ranted about is going to go in the wife's new car, a 2000 Buick LeSabre.
larzzzz 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2006 at 7:25 AM / IP Logged  
Will the dei 555xw work for an 06 tacoma? I Really don't like the thought of having to use a key to install in a bypass module.
Thanks
Larzzzz
Mike M2 
Platinum - Posts: 2,652
Platinum spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2006 at 8:11 AM / IP Logged  
A 555x will not work....
Mike M2
Tech Manager
CS Dealer Services
Hymer 
Silver - Posts: 695
Silver spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2006 at 9:21 AM / IP Logged  
An XK05 PKT2 firmware from bypasskit.com wires right into the harness no need to bury a key.. they work great!
Tire Proz Stillwater Mn
High End Restyling and Comlete Repair
larzzzz 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 23, 2006 at 10:47 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I am not a dealer but an end user. I was gonna sign up but they want a tax ID# which I don't have 06 Tacoma alarm/remote start -- posted image. Such is life......
Thanks again,
Larzzzz
Jack of all trades, master of 1
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic