2000 jeep gr cherokee wiring?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
fentong 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2007 at 1:47 PM / IP Logged  

On my vehicle’s Ignition Harness I have:

Pink Wire – Power (12V+) Hot all the time (any key position or no key)

Yellow – Starter (only +12V when in the crank position)
Blue / white – Ignition (+12V) in ignition position , no voltage in ACC key position
Back / Orange –  When I put the voltmeter I get a reading of .03 volts all of the time.  When I reverse the polarity of the tester and use the black lead on this wire and the red lead to +12V source I get a reading of 12V and this same configuration with a 12V test light it will illuminate.  The car runs perfectly when starts with a key so it must be getting ACCESSORY power from somewhere else.
There are NO other wires from the Ignition switch harness on vehicle (Should I look somewhere else?)

thepencil 
Gold - Posts: 1,526
Gold spacespace
Posted: February 12, 2007 at 3:27 PM / IP Logged  
FYI
DIRECTWIRE™ WIRING INFORMATION - JEEP / GRAND CHEROKEE / 2000 / Remote Start
12volts red and pink/black   +   ignition harness
Starter yellow   +   ignition harness
Second Starter          
Ignition dk. blue   +   ignition harness
Second Ignition          
Third Ignition          
Accessory RED / black   +   ignition harness
Second Accessory BLACK/ orange   +   ignition harness
Keysense          
Power Lock use Directed module 455JW       
Notes: If an interface module is not available, use ORANGE / black and pink/black at the driver door lock switch in the door to lock and unlock the driver door. Use ORANGE / purple and pink/purple at the passenger door lock switch in the door to lock and unlock all of the other doors. These wires are reverse polarity (5wi).
Power Unlock see power lock       
Lock Motor ORANGE / black   5wi driver door lock switch
Unlock Motor pink/black   5wi driver door lock switch
Parking Lights+ use negative wire       
Parking Lights- yellow   -   headlight switch
Notes: The parking lights are negative trigger thru a 1300 ohm resistor. There is a rest resistance on the wire, so MUST use a relay to isolate away from the switch.
Hazards dk. blue/pink   -   hazard switch
Notes: The dk. blue/pink will flash the hazard lights. They will flash even with a latch input to the wire.
Turn Signal(L)          
Turn Signal(R)          
Reverse Light          
Door Trigger see notes    -   see notes
Notes: There are 4 separate door triggers wire, one for each door. Use all 4 wires and diode isolate each together. The drivers door is tan/red at the drivers door lock switch. The passenger door is tan/red at the passengers door lock switch. The drivers rear door is tan/orange and the passengers rear door is tan / YELLOW at the BCM. WHEN USING A 455J INTERFACE MODULE, IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO USE THE SEPARATE TRIGGER WIRES. USE THE YELLOW WIRE AT THE UNDERDASH LIGHT FOR DOOR TRIGGER.
Dome Supervision yellow/dk. green    -   BCM, above diagnostic plug
Trunk/Hatch Pin tan/black    -   BCM, above diagnostic plug
Hood Pin          
Trunk/Hatch Release          
Power Sliding Door          
Factory Alarm Arm use Directed module 455JW       
Factory Alarm Disarm use Directed module 455JW       
Notes: If an interface module is not available, use lt. GREEN/ orange at the driver door lock switch in the door. It is negative trigger thru a 463 ohm resistor. MUST use a relay.
Disarm No Unlock          
Tachometer see notes   ac   see notes
Notes: The 4.7L motor has a separate coil for each cylinder. Go to any coil and use any wire that is NOT dk. GREEN/ orange. On the 4.0L motor use any of the tan/stripe wires at the coil pack, or go to one of the fuel injector and use the wire that is NOT dk. GREEN/ orange.
Wait to start          
Brake Wire WHITE/ tan   +   brake pedal switch
Parking Brake          
Horn Trigger gray/orange   -   horn switch
Memory Seat 1          
Memory Seat 2          
Memory Seat 3          
Interface Module: Category:
Immobilizer Bypass Required:
Yes Type:
Sentry Key
Part #: 555CW
Alternate Part1 #: 556UW
Alternate Part2 #: DesignTech 20402
Alternate Part3 #: DesignTech 29402
Notes: Only vehicles with gray keys have the immobilizer.
Interface Module: Category:
Door Lock Interface Required:
Yes Type:
Data Bus
Part #: 455JW
Notes:
Smart Starter Kill Relays: Not Available

This wiring information is being provided free of charge on an "as is" basis, without any representation or warranty. It is your responsibility to verify any circuit before interfacing with it using a digital multimeter.
Directed Electronics assumes no responsibility with regards to the accuracy or currency of this information. Proper installation in every case is and remains the responsibility of the installer. DEI assumes no liability or responsibility resulting from improper installation, even in reliance upon this information.
Be careful whose advice you buy, but be patient with those who supply it.2000 jeep gr cherokee wiring? -- posted image.
fentong 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2007 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for your post.  This information indicates that I have to apply resistance to the Yellow wire on the light switch to get the parking lights to work.

"The parking lights are negative trigger thru a 1300 ohm resistor. There is a rest resistance on the wire, so MUST use a relay to isolate away from the switch. "

I tried merely putting 1300 Ohms to ground onto the yellow wire and nothing happended.  It sounds like I have to cut the wire and place a diode in line and then place the resistor to the non switch side of the diode.  Is this correct?  I can't see how I can isolate the switch any other way.

Also I'm using 1/4 watt electronic resistors.  SHould these be adequate?  Does the Diode have to be of any special type? 

Regards,

kaezoo 
Copper - Posts: 125
Copper spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2007 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  
The best way to isolate the parking light output from the switch is with a SPDT relay.
Cut the parking light wire coming from the switch, and wire your relay as follows:
85--Parking light output (-) from alarm
86--fused 12v+
87--to ground through 1300 ohm resistor
87a-vehicle parking light wire, switch side
30--vehicle parking light wire, output side
fentong 
Member spacespace
Posted: February 16, 2007 at 5:37 PM / IP Logged  

Awesome, thanks I'll try this in the morning.  I'm having trouble finding a standard relay I can find lots which have 2 87 terminals and 1 30 but I can't find ones with a 87a, 87, and a 30.

Also can you let me know if my standard 1/4 watt  resistor will be adequate for tis application or whether I need something special.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic