icon

03 dakota, alarm/remote start?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Forseti 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 18, 2007 at 11:44 AM / IP Logged  
Anyone have the wiring info for a 2003 Dodge Dakota R/T ? I have done a search on here and the diagram I found doesn't totally match what I have in the truck ..... ya got a direct link to directech database ?
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: March 18, 2007 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  
PASSIVE ANTI-THEFT YES TRANSPONDER   SEE NOTES 
 12 VOLTS Pink/black or Red Ignition harness   + 
 IGNITION Dk.blue Ignition harness   + 
 IGNITION 2 GREEN/ red & RED / white Ignition harness   + 
 All 3 ignitions must be connected for remote start.
 ACCESSORY BLACK/ orange Ignition harness   + 
 ACCESSORY 2 Green Ignition harness   + 
 STARTER Yellow Ignition harness   + 
 KEY SENSE Lt.blue Ignition harness   - 
 TACH SIGNAL BLACK/ gray At coil or PCM   AC 
 On the 5.9L, 3.9L the coil is located on the front of the engine, PCM is located in front of the Washer fluid reservoir. The 4.7L engine has a coil for each cylinder. Use the TAN colored wire at any of the coils and set your remote starter for 1 cylinder. (see photo)
 LOCK WHITE/ green At module in driver's kickpanel   - 
 One wire doorlock system requires resistors. An 620-Ohm resistor will lock the doors and a 315-Ohm resistor will unlock. Doorlocks go to sleep after a few minutes. You must pulse the driver's doorpin with unlock to wake the system up. You may need to use double pulse unlock for this.
 UNLOCK WHITE/ green At module in driver's kickpanel   - 
 One wire doorlock system requires resistors. An 620-Ohm resistor will lock the doors and a 315-Ohm resistor will unlock. Doorlocks go to sleep after a few minutes. You must pulse the driver's doorpin with unlock to wake the system up. You may need to use double pulse unlock for this.
 DOORPIN Yellow At courtesy light under dashpanel   - 
 You can also find the doorpin wires on a BLACK plug on the left side of the brake pedal. BLACK/ BLUE for the driver's door, TAN/RED for all the other doors and TAN/BLACK for the hatch. The factory alarm disarm LT.GREEN/ ORANGE can also be found on the plug.
 DRIVER DOOR LATCH Tan/red In driver's kickpanel   - 
 FACTORY ARM Lt.GREEN/ orange At module in driver's kickpanel   - 
 Use a ground pulse through a 1500-ohm resistor to disarm factory security (a second pulse will unlock the doors). A ground pulse through a 620-ohm resistor will arm security and lock the doors. The LT.GREEN/ ORANGE is found in a BLACK connector on the left side of the brake pedal.
 FACTORY DISARM Lt.GREEN/ orange At module in driver's kickpanel   - 
 Use a ground pulse through a 1500-ohm resistor to disarm factory security (a second pulse will unlock the doors). A ground pulse through a 620-ohm resistor will arm security and lock the doors. The LT.GREEN/ ORANGE is found in a BLACK connector on the left side of the brake pedal.
 BRAKESWITCH WHITE/ tan At switch above brake pedal   + 
 PARKLIGHTS BLACK / YELLOW At light switch harness   + 
 HAND BRAKE WHITE/ black At plug on handbrake lever   - 
 HORN BLACK/ red At steering column   - 
Forseti 
Copper - Posts: 78
Copper spacespace
Posted: March 20, 2007 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
I'm installing a Avantguard 5 system into my '03 Dakota. I have a CHDL3-PK interface from Bypasskit.com . My question is which wire would it be best to connect the interface to the AVG5 ? I know I need a (-)output but id figure I would ask all of you to find out the best connection.      Oh.... BTW... The AVG5 is a pain in the ass to install into a cramped Dakota.......and I don't like the fact the AVG5 doesn't have the built in relays for window roll up like the AVG4 has .... now I need to try and find a dealer to get the "Smart Windows 4" unit ,,,

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic