the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

haemphyst's new system

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
dwarren 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 1,811
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 05, 2007 at 7:59 PM / IP Logged  

Well David, I am sure you had a pleasant drive home with that system. I am very impressed. It's such a treat to have such great staging, and ever so lovely snappy mid-bass. With out a doubt, one of the finest systems I have heard!

The doors looked great, but I am not going to comment on the rear amp area, right nowhaemphyst's new system - Page 12 - Last Post -- posted image. .

haemphyst 
Platinum - Posts: 5,054
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2007 at 8:14 AM / IP Logged  
dwarren wrote:
The doors looked great, but I am not going to comment on the rear amp area, right nowhaemphyst's new system - Page 12 - Last Post -- posted image. .
Yeah, yeah, yeah...
But a hearty "thanks" to all of you guys! Dave, Dan, Bob, Mark... Seriously, I was hoping I hadn't blown it TOO much out of proportion, just because I thought it sounded as good as it does. Nice to hear that all of my efforts, time, and money DIDN'T go to waste! Your ears and your ideas helped me out in more than one case, so thanks for the use of those as well!
Imaging WAS a huge effort, with frequency response a close second. You guys know all the effort I have put into this, now I just have to leave it alone for a year to 18 months! ('Till the next "latest and greatest" shows up! haemphyst's new system - Page 12 - Last Post -- posted image. )
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
hamzter 
Copper - Posts: 116
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 06, 2007 at 8:24 AM / IP Logged  
haemphyst wrote:
...('Till the next "latest and greatest" shows up! haemphyst's new system - Page 12 - Last Post -- posted image. )
well, then the next latest and greatest will be exciting I am sure...
patiently waiting...
Mark "Hamzter" Cinense
1991 Infiniti G20 w/JDM SR20DE
Eclipse CD8445
MTX Thunder 684
Polk DB6750
Polk DB6500
Optima Red Top in the Trunk
haemphyst 
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2007 at 12:27 AM / IP Logged  
One last post, I think... (with photos to follow)
I got my new alternator today. 200A cold rating, 170A hot, 120A at idle, 500rpm turn-on. This thing is built like a swiss watch. The internals are OBVIOUSLY beefier than are the internals on the OEM alternator, the bearings are smooth, the whole thing just LOOKS duty.
Call the guys at American Power. The number is in this thread somewhere! One year warranty, and 50 dollar lifetime re-builds! They can supply up to 300A in GM cases, too!
I'll be posting comparison photos, once I get the OEM one out, and I can place it side-by-side.
It all reminds me of something that Molière once said to Guy de Maupassant at a café in Vienna: "That's nice. You should write it down."
inflames989 
Member - Posts: 32
Member spacespace
Posted: August 22, 2007 at 2:08 PM / IP Logged  
i see that i have missed quite a lot during my absence. Haemphyst, the system looks amazing, I only wish I could hear it in person (I guess I'll just have to dream about it for now). I can't wait to see pictures of the final completed install
tcss 
Silver - Posts: 1,623
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2007 at 2:45 PM / IP Logged  
Jack wants to see this David.
There is no such thing as free installation!
sedate 
Silver - Posts: 1,173
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2007 at 4:07 PM / IP Logged  

haemph! 

Pics pics!

Congrats on all the kudos. 

I still run a variant of the front stage you designed for me wayyy back when.... the EQX died (developed some wierdo static in the right channel) a while back though and I ended up utilizing a new head unit to accomplish the same thing.

I'm using VR tweets up front as well.. what xover point did you select for them?

"I'm finished!" - Daniel Plainview
haemphyst 
Posted: August 30, 2007 at 6:15 PM / IP Logged  
tcss wrote:
Jack wants to see this David.
Tell me where and when... Give him my phone if he'd like to call me, and we'll set up a time and place!
sedate wrote:

haemph! 

Pics pics!

Congrats on all the kudos. 

Got 'em, just working on getting the up on photobucket, so I can link 'em!
sedate wrote:

I still run a variant of the front stage you designed for me wayyy back when.... the EQX died (developed some wierdo static in the right channel) a while back though and I ended up utilizing a new head unit to accomplish the same thing.

Sorry to hear that... I loved that EQ. Glad, though, that you are still happy with the front stage design!
sedate wrote:

I'm using VR tweets up front as well.. what xover point did you select for them?

Nice tweeters! Love 'em! I am set at 4K with a 48dB slope. IIANM, the passives for those come with a 3.5K and 12dB slop, so I'm pretty sure I will have LONG life from them!
Page of 12

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic