icon

Tach Wire General Comments

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ronco 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2007 at 8:44 AM / IP Logged  

I should have said that my comments are primarily about American cars ( GM ) with my intent being to try to help somebody but as we see, we have a few condescending and arrogant remarks from some Brit  ( why are they so often that way?) that seems to know everything. I think the old joke" Why do the English drink warm beer? ( answer- because they have Lucas (English Co))electric components running their refridgerators"   pretty much says it all.

Fortunately, here in the "real world" (America), we do have access to service manuals and don't have to deal with car manufacturers who encase their wiring in epoxy ( can you imagine?) LMAO!

howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2007 at 12:33 PM / IP Logged  
Aw  shucks Ronco the real world means having to think for yourself, only working on US cars ie yank lumps means you won't have to think for yourself, think of the interesting times with wiring on French and Italian cars or getting to the ignitionloom on VW's ah,  one lives in  interesting times, also gegt it right, in my time it was Lucas "Prince of Darkness" and as a paid up member of the pendantic, smart-arse cynics club let me point out that GM's electronics are made in China!! Tach Wire General Comments - Page 2 -- posted image.
ronco 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2007 at 2:18 PM / IP Logged  
"made in China" ( designed and engineered ( the hard part)in the good ole USA , of course). Peace Howie, actually I have a great appreciation for the UK...the only people that have consistently stood by the USA..thank you!
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2007 at 4:45 PM / IP Logged  

No hard feelings ronco, I lived in Miami area in early '80s and worked South East Florida and contract work in Huston Tx. I missed Reagons mid '80s immigration pardon by 2 years so don't mind the sour grapes!  Tach Wire General Comments - Page 2 -- posted image.

Right now the only products I can't sl*g off (=insult) are Korean and Japanese! Listen, we build more cars in the UK than ever before, BMW, Peugeot, Nissan, Toyota, Honda, Jaguar, Land Rover oh and engines and gearboxes for Fords!

Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic