icon

07 Honda Civic, Alarm/RS Wiring, Expert Advice

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lmnop 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2007 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  

FIrst time installing an alarm in a civic.

Just want to simply install a remote start

2007 civic with factory alarm

was thinking about using a

569T with a HONDA-SL2

Any advice?  Do I have to worry about the factory arm and disarm wires, as I just want to install a remote starter and leave the factory alarm system as it is.  Is there a simpler way of doing this?  is there anything that I should know or watch out for with this civic?

Thank you in advance!

enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2007 at 5:50 PM / IP Logged  
I recently took apart a 2006 Honda Civic and have all the info on that car.  If its the same as the 07 then I can definetely help and even show pictures on the actual wiring location...let me know
flobee4 
Silver - Posts: 585
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2007 at 8:56 PM / IP Logged  

I wouldnt use a 569T one button remote starter for that car.  Honda's Keyless entry stop working while the car is running. So, if you remote start the car and then try to unlock the door from the unlock button built onto the key, it WON'T unlock.  You'll have to use the key, or turn the remote starter off and then unlock it.  My suggestion get a unit with keyless entry.  There are only 3 more wires to hookup to do the keyless on that car.  You'll already be in the area to connect the factory alarm DISARM wire. So, While your there you will hook up LOCK, UNLOCK and ARM.  It's a REAL easy car to do.  Here is the wiring and Enice offered you pictures if needed. 06 and 07 are the same.

12volts white (50A)  +  ignition harness
Starter yellow  +  ignition harness
Second Starter N/A    
Ignition blue  +  ignition harness
Second Ignition N/A    
Third Ignition N/A    
Accessory orange  +  ignition harness
Second Accessory red  +  ignition harness
Keysense pink  -  ignition harness
Power Lock green  -  dr kick or MICU, 34 pin plug, pin 28
Notes: The MICU (Multiplex Integrated Control Unit) is part of the fuse/relay box under the driver side dash. It has two plugs on the back of the fuse/relay box.
On the 4 door models, this wires changes from blue to green.
Power Unlock gray  -  dr kick or MICU, 34 pin plug, pin 27
Notes: The MICU (Multiplex Integrated Control Unit) is part of the fuse/relay box under the driver side dash. It has two plugs on the back of the fuse/relay box.
Lock Motor blue  5wi DKP or fuse box, rear 14 pin plug
Unlock Motor yellow  5wi DKP or fuse box, rear 14 pin plug
Parking Lights+ red  +  dr kick or fuse box, top 42 pin plug
Parking Lights- gray or red  -  switch or MICU, 20 pin plug, pin 13
Hazards green  +  switch or fuse box, rear 16 pin plug
Turn Signal(L) blue  +  dr kick or fuse box, top 42 pin plug
Turn Signal(R) brown  +  dr kick or fuse box, top 42 pin plug
Reverse Light brown (4dr) or purple (2dr)  +  dr kick or fuse box, top 42 pin plug
Door Trigger see notes  -  ea kick or fuse box, top 42 pin plug
Notes: The LF door is green in pin 37. The RF door is lt. green in pin 3. The LR door is brown in pin 17. The RR door is gray in pin 2. Use all four wires and diode isolate each.
Dome Supervision pink  -  fuse box, rear 8 pin plug
Notes: Also found in a plug attached to the bottom of the fuse box.
Trunk/Hatch Pin blue  -  dr kick or fuse box, top 42 pin plug
Hood Pin lt. blue  -  pin sw or fuse box, mid 21 pin plug
Trunk/Hatch Release green  +  dr kick or fuse box, top 42 pin plug
Power Sliding Door N/A    
Factory Alarm Arm orange  -  dr kick or MICU, 34 pin plug, pin 32
Notes: Meter this wire while turning the key in the driver door key cylinder.
The MICU (Multiplex Integrated Control Unit) is part of the fuse/relay box under the driver side dash. It has two plugs on the back of the fuse/relay box.
On the 4 door models, this wire changes from pink to orange.
Factory Alarm Disarm brown  -  dr kick or MICU, 34 pin plug, pin 31
Notes: Meter this wire while turning the key in the driver door key cylinder.
The MICU (Multiplex Integrated Control Unit) is part of the fuse/relay box under the driver side dash. It has two plugs on the back of the fuse/relay box.
Disarm No Unlock see factory alarm disarm    
Tachometer NOT blk/wht, black or yel/blk  ac  any ignition coil or fuel injector
Wait to start N/A    
Brake Wire lt. green  +  switch or fuse box, top 42 pin plug
Parking Brake orange (4dr) or lt. blue (2dr) -  parking brake switch
Horn Trigger orange  -  switch or fuse box, rear 16 pin plug
Memory Seat 1 N/A    
Memory Seat 2 N/A    
Memory Seat 3 N/A    
07 Honda Civic, Alarm/RS Wiring, Expert Advice -- posted image.
Interface Module:Category:
Immobilizer Bypass
Required:
Yes
Type:
Transponder
Part #: PKH34
Alternate Part1 #: 1100F/1100X
Alternate Part2 #: 556UW
Alternate Part3 #: DesignTech 20402
Alternate Part4 #: DesignTech 29402
Notes: Standard on all models. When using the 1100F or 1100X, a software change to 1100HA is needed. When using the 1100HA, follow the type 4 wiring. The ignition wire is yellow in pin 2 and the data wire is lt. green in pin 3.
lmnop 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2007 at 12:14 PM / IP Logged  
THank you enice and flobee4 for your help.  flobee thanks  to your heads up I am going to go with a 561R Valet system.  enice I tried to send you a PM to request the pictures however your mailbox is full!
Big Dog 
Gold - Posts: 1,265
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: August 15, 2007 at 1:52 PM / IP Logged  
Is it a manual tranny? Then it's time for a 689M from DEI or an NSS from Peripheral.
Prepare your future. It wasn't the lack of stones that killed the stone age.
lmnop 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2007 at 5:08 PM / IP Logged  
Yes it is a manual tranny, what is the best way to get around the clutch safety switch??
flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2007 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  

I found some pictures for you. I never tried posting pictures so hopefully this works 07 Honda Civic, Alarm/RS Wiring, Expert Advice -- posted image.

This is the place where you will get your tach wire.  I think I drill a hole for this.  You can drill where the clutch would have gone if it was a manual transmission.  There is usually a large diamond shaped spot where you can drill through. Just be careful drilling as always

In the same harness as door locks is the ARM/DISARM wires. It is in one of the 2 harness Behind the fusebox.  The wires are pretty thin so be careful.

You will only have a power trunk wire at the fusebox if your remote on your keys have a trunk button.  Pressing that button is also how you would test for that wire.

The Horn Wire is on TOP of the steering column.

Ignition wires are found under the steering column cover plugged right at the ignition(where you put your key in). If you need more slack to connect your wires there its okay to unplug that harness.

Also, next to the ignition harness plug you will notice a green plug.  That is the harness for the cars transponder system. If you are doing a data bypass such as the PKH34 from bypasskit.com or any other source,  The data wires you will need are at that green plug.  I recommend the data bypass on this car. I've had problems using a "key in the box"  on this car in the past.  Plus you don't have to loss a key this way.  Its also like a 4 wire hookup. Real easy.

If you have any questions, let us know.  Also, If these pictures land up being to small PM me and I'll Email them to you in the original Size and format(I had to make them smaller and reduce resolution to make them fit)

flobee4 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2007 at 5:36 PM / IP Logged  

okay, I was busy posting all those pictures a resizing and you had responded that it was a manual transmission.  Make sure you use a Remote start that is safe for manual transmission.  The DEI systems you are looking at are NOT for manual transmissions at least not out of the box.  Big Dog has mentioned that there is a new add on module 689M that will make that unit safe for manual transmissions.  I'm not a DEI dealer so I cannot comfirm this or help you with that part. I usually us UltraStart brand remote starters on the RARE occasion that I will even touch a manual transmission car.  But Compustar are also manual safe remote starters as well.  I cannot help you with the clutch bypass, since i rarely do manual transmissions, I myself would have to test with my meter how the civics clutch switch worked.  I do have one more picture for you since you would need the paking brake wire, I have that picture as well:

enice 
Silver - Posts: 857
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2007 at 5:39 PM / IP Logged  
For this vehicle I also have different ways of gettting those wires and also can share the little extras like domesupervision, a different horn location, door triggers and more...just post and maybe we can share info on it flobee4 and make a super installation diagram as some locations are easier to get to then others...let me know
howie ll 
Pot Metal - Posts: 16,466
Pot Metal spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2007 at 5:53 PM / IP Logged  
Ref manual transmission, DEI have the MTM1 in UK, made I believe by Trilogix, there is a different part number for the US version when it comes out.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic