rv remote keyless entry system wiring

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
importhunter 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 01, 2007 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
Model number RKE100FW
I got 2 of these free. I want to put them in my truck, I was also wondering if it can be used as a remote start. My truck is a manual and I can bypass the clutch switch. Here are a few pics:
rv remote keyless entry system wiring -- posted image.
rv remote keyless entry system wiring -- posted image.
Twelvoltz 
Platinum - Posts: 2,384
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 01, 2007 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  
I am not familiar with that unit, but typically RKE means Remote Keyless Entry...not remote start and just by looking at that system I am pretty certain it is not a remote start. If you are looking to install a remote start, make sure you get one specifically designed for a manual transmission. Most remote starts have keyless entry functions built in.
Installer, IT support, and FFL. I need less hobbies.
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2007 at 12:31 AM / IP Logged  
never heard of the unit before, did a search and nothin. as twelvolts mentioned, u can probably but a manual designed start and keyless entry for 100 - 150. That way you dont have to worry about that huge RV running over someone or something. since ur in the states, im not sure if u can buy from Canadiantire.ca, its a harware place here in canada and they sell manual starts with keyless for 40dollars company is Prostart. or grab the 2way for 129. they good deals but im sure walmart carrys bulldog manual ones as well.
importhunter 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2007 at 10:05 AM / IP Logged  
See I already have a Viper 350hv for my alarm and shaved doors. I just figured that I had got these for free I thought "hey, I wonder if it could be used for remote start" but I guess it cant, lol. Would it be hard to tie the bulldog remote start into the viper keyfob?
tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 02, 2007 at 12:27 PM / IP Logged  
no the viper should have an aux feature if not used for poppin doors open, truck/hatch, the aux will just tell the Bulldog unit to start the RV. The bulldog unit has a Ground activation input, and the viper has a ground activation out.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic