icon

pats

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rb16p 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2007 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  
I searched and did not find an answer. So here is my question: My friend installed a remote start on his 02 expedition and did not use a bypass, he just took the chip out of the key and glued it to the key cylinder. Well, his car will not start using a key with a chip or the other key without a chip in it. What should I advise him to do? I am 6hrs away and will not be back in town for 3 days. So any information will be greatly apreciated!! I was told by another installer friend that the car probably needs to set for an hour and then try again with the key that has a chip in it. If this is wrong please let me know. Thanks in advance!!!
dswift 
Copper - Posts: 396
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2007 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
Describe what it does when attempting to crank. Does it chug? Do the acc turn on? Do you have a multi-meter? Be more descriptive. When cracking does the security light come on?
And by the way. Since he did the chip thing. You should be able to start the car with a flat head.
"dont ground out!"
audiomaninc 
Copper - Posts: 108
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2007 at 7:14 PM / IP Logged  

Unglue the chip from the key cylinder, stick it back in the key, and put it in a universal bypass.  He'll invest less than $20.00 and get rid of a headache.  Good luck!

Jason @AudioMan

rudydapimp 
Copper - Posts: 390
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2007 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
for the chipped key, wont start because the car is seeing two chips at once. and some of the newer fords are like that, wont even turn on with a non chipped key.
rb16p 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2007 at 9:00 PM / IP Logged  
He says it turns over like it wants to start but doesn't. The theft light flashes with either key.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic