2004 chevy venture power sliding door

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
meltingplastic 
Copper - Posts: 225
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2007 at 4:59 PM / IP Logged  
Hey Guys,
doing a remote start/alarm in a chevy venture... got everything hooked up and ready to go sept the guy wants the power sliding door hooked up to the 2nd channel.   Planned on using light blue and light blue with black in the driver kick panel like the tech info says (i will diode isolate each) but my problem is... there are like 5 light blue wires... i found my power locks there no problem as the one wire is light blue but how have you guys tested for the correct wire here? or do you know any other way to do the power sliding door in these cars...
-Mike
Driving a Bagged, Caddied 02 s10
brcidd 
Copper - Posts: 274
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2007 at 5:43 PM / IP Logged  
Last one I did-  I simply used the wire at the switch- tested it first- then I knew for sure which one it was- van had to be unlocked first- before it would work though.
Brcidd - Engineer That Does Remote Starter Installs on the side.
meltingplastic 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2007 at 6:30 PM / IP Logged  
brcidd wrote:
Last one I did- I simply used the wire at the switch- tested it first- then I knew for sure which one it was- van had to be unlocked first- before it would work though.
Your talking about the one in the console on the ceiling correct?
meltingplastic 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 18, 2007 at 6:36 PM / IP Logged  
brcidd wrote:
Last one I did- I simply used the wire at the switch- tested it first- then I knew for sure which one it was- van had to be unlocked first- before it would work though.
Now that i re-read your post.. i can understand why i needed to tag 2 wries... the lightblue to unlock and the lightblue/black to open the door... i'm going to have to try that
Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 19, 2007 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged  
Well, the short answer is whether you have five light blue wires or just one........you test. Connect your test light or meter, and find out which wire shows a ground when you touch the overhead switch.
Or, as the others have said, it's very easy just to run wires up to the overhead switch panel.
brcidd 
Copper - Posts: 274
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2007 at 9:49 AM / IP Logged  

I've used both switches- the overhead in the consol- as well as the one on the pillar behind the front passenger seat- if yours has one there as well...  I know the older ones do..........

Brcidd - Engineer That Does Remote Starter Installs on the side.
meltingplastic 
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 19, 2007 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
Chris Luongo wrote:
Well, the short answer is whether you have five light blue wires or just one........you test. Connect your test light or meter, and find out which wire shows a ground when you touch the overhead switch.
Or, as the others have said, it's very easy just to run wires up to the overhead switch panel.
Yea i didnt even realize there was an overhead switch... the power sliding door wasnt a priority for me i was more concerened about having a clean install

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic