icon

avn6610, max675vdii, or ddx8019?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
repsak 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: December 20, 2007 at 3:06 PM / IP Logged  
I am looking for something with good ipod control, a decent navigation, changeable backgrounds would be nice, 5v preamp, and a good mp3-cd title screen.
The eclipse looks very nice but the non-customizable backgrounds kinda turns me off, however the controls and title's are very nice
The Clarion I read is also very nice with custom backgrounds and awesome i-pod control. However the 2V preamp is kinda a turnoff.
I think I am leaning toward the kenwood however. It seems to have everything I want accept good navigational screen control.
Any input would be great I've been researching for weeks
-Craig
nunyadamnbiz 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2007 at 12:51 PM / IP Logged  
I mean is money a issue...I am bias and go for Pioneer...have always loved them for any deck...the new AVIC-Z series are really nice, and I love my navi on it.  Just a thought...out of those three I would go with Clarion...just my .02
f150fan 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2007 at 8:58 PM / IP Logged  
I dont have any experience with the kenwood or the clarion but I currently own a 6610. The last three navs that I have owned have been a D1, Z2, and a D3 in my wifes car. Out of the four units I would take the 6610 over any of them any day of the week.
The navigation is the best out of any of the above that I have seen. The Ipod control, I feel is very good and easy to navigate. Sound quality is outstanding. However, the thing that I like about it the most is that it is very easy to navigate through the menu screens. Some units out there just have to many functions and screens that make it hard to change things on the fly but the Eclipse is pretty simple.
Also if rear seat entertainment is not a big deal you could go with a 5510 and save yourself some money.
repsak 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2007 at 2:13 AM / IP Logged  
i will be running a dual screen front dash unit, so I can see my nav of one screen and other features on another. I did like the pioneer however I hear heard nothing but problems with software.
-Craig
hottwhyrd 
Copper - Posts: 56
Copper spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2007 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  
not sure what software uve heard trouble about.  but pioneer rocks.  the z series will allow navigation on front screen, dvd on the back, fully customizeable backgrounds for av, and for nav is a plus tooo.   avic411.com for more info
repsak 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2007 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  
hmm I've always read bad reviews, about boot screen freezes, nav freezing/slow, bad ipod connectivity....
StealthEs 
Copper - Posts: 326
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 21, 2008 at 1:04 PM / IP Logged  
I have the clarion it's a great unit, Nav, full Ipod control even video. As far as the 2V well it is what it is, get a good amp and you can compensate for the 2V there.
Cris

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic