icon

amp, enclosure, 2 12'' kicker compvr's

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
ruggerman 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: December 22, 2007 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
I have 2 12" kicker compvr's running seperate channels on an Audibahn A800v so i am getting 400 rms to each. I have them in a ported box with polyfill now. I have heard ported, no polyfill,  ported w/polyfill,  closed, you name it. Any feedback from people that know what they are talking about as to what the recommended enclosure would be great. Thanks
aznboi3644 
Gold - Posts: 2,600
Gold spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 22, 2007 at 8:04 PM / IP Logged  
what vehicle and what kind of bass are you wanting??
stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 24, 2007 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  
Sealed is best for those.  Follow the guidelines in the manual.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
ruggerman 
Member - Posts: 29
Member spacespace
Posted: December 29, 2007 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  
I have 2 kicker compvr 12's 400 rms each(4 ohm), and an audiobahn a800v. I have the subs wired down to 2 ohms and running both channels on the amp. At 2 ohms the amp pushes 400 rms x2 or 800x1. Is it safe to wire the subs in paralell to 1 ohm and bridge the amp, or will it be too much for the subs if the amp will even accept a 1 ohm load?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic