icon

05 silverado theft system light

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
bigdig 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2007 at 11:37 AM / IP Logged  

i installed the ultrastater on my truck just couldnt get it to work  so i took every thing back out now my theft system light stays on in the cluster it doesnt flash its solid glow . any way to rest set the system to get the light off.

thanks for all your help

tedmond 
Gold - Posts: 4,610
Gold spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2007 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  

the passlock system is in tamper mode. Stick key in ignition, turn it to ON, and leave it for 10 min with door OPEN. it will learn the resistance code. I forgot what i did, but i was taught a way to get it out of tamper mode in 1 min. if i remember i will show u.

bigdig 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2007 at 4:29 PM / IP Logged  

that did work thanks for your reply

bigdig 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2007 at 4:34 PM / IP Logged  
sorry i need spell check ..... that didnt work but thanks for your reply
KarTuneMan 
Platinum - Posts: 7,056
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: December 27, 2007 at 7:50 PM / IP Logged  

Get yerself a relay. ground pin 30, tie together 87 and 85 and take this to your ground while running BEFORE (in front of) your bypass.

You will trigger this relay (pin 86) with the pink ign. from the trucks harness. In line with this trigger wire you will need a diode. Cathode TOWARDS the relay.

jaywyatt 
Member - Posts: 16
Member spacespace
Posted: December 27, 2007 at 8:08 PM / IP Logged  
tedmond wrote:

the passlock system is in tamper mode. Stick key in ignition, turn it to ON, and leave it for 10 min with door OPEN. it will learn the resistance code. I forgot what i did, but i was taught a way to get it out of tamper mode in 1 min. if i remember i will show u.

You may have to do this 3 or 4 times
leave the key on for 10mins try to start if it won't Don't turn the key off leave on for another 10min try and start and so on and so on.
bigdig 
Member spacespace
Posted: December 28, 2007 at 11:43 AM / IP Logged  

i got the truck started but the light is staying on .at least i can drive it now

thanks for all your help this site is great

foxgt 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: December 31, 2007 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  
KarTuneMan wrote:

Get yerself a relay. ground pin 30, tie together 87 and 85 and take this to your ground while running BEFORE (in front of) your bypass.

You will trigger this relay (pin 86) with the pink ign. from the trucks harness. In line with this trigger wire you will need a diode. Cathode TOWARDS the relay.

I think this is the exact answer I was looking for in another thread.
My problem is the theft light comes on after key is put in the ignition and remote start is engaged. Tech support told me to hook up this exact relay (minus the diode) in order to fix the problem and it worked. However, I confirmed that this relay was staying activated and draining the battery every night on the truck.
I assume the diode will prevent the IGN circuit from being latched on? If so you have solved a lot of my problems.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic