the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

which parrot system? materials?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
sq4me2 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2008 at 12:52 AM / IP Logged  
so how long do the 3200s last? this parrot stuff is still new to me i am a custom installer that has been polishing a tech chair with this stuff
image is everything
nicestuff 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2008 at 1:06 AM / IP Logged  
Look, for the money, 3200 is an excellent product, but in reality the Caller ID and the wallpapers are just toys - most users do not use them at all or use them once and forget it. In addition, who wants to have a Verizon sign on his child's forehead? IMHO CK3100 is by far the best value and the fact that despite Parrot terrible performance in the last 2 years nobody was able to create a strong competitor to it, is a petty. MK6100 could have replaced it, but with all the quality issues they are having so far it is not happening any time soon.
How long they last is really not an issue. If they work fine a week later, chances are they will work after 2 years. They have a high rate of LCD problems and those usually appear pretty fast, mostly immediately. Also, take into consideration that the brain is in LCD, so either brain or LCD problems result in the same failures. Otherwise it is tough to tell, the first kits were released in January of 2006.
Thanks for the Scosche update, I hope we will have our solution at about the same time, but it will be handsfree specific.
sq4me2 
Member spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2008 at 1:14 AM / IP Logged  
howard thinks i should get the 31 or 3200. for my hyundai i was thinking of the 3000 since its so small. also with that in mind i only look at my 3200 display when i wanna see the second caller incoming. also i had a guy today that needed help unloading saved bluetooth profiles and parrot sent him my way since they usually do. what am i the fall guy for their problems? im sure you get that too. anyway i told him to unplug it and wait about ten minutes. he has the 3000 with vw steer control.
image is everything
sq4me2 
Posted: January 12, 2008 at 1:17 AM / IP Logged  
im tempted to go rent a honda accord but i think that would be a waste of money
image is everything
nicestuff 
Member - Posts: 20
Member spacespace
Posted: January 12, 2008 at 8:01 AM / IP Logged  
Well, considering the current state of our relationship with them, they do not send anything this way, but we were their tech. support even before they opened US office. It is interesting that even now most their people do not know crap.
Unless you really treasure this famous Hyundai cabin ambiance, I don't think it makes sense for you to install CK3000 - it does not sync and the convenience of LCD can not be overstated, IMHO. Since you have no problem replacing any kit if it is defective, I think you should have whatever you like installed and not bother yourself with the notions of reliability too much. Of course, I do not know Howard's policy towards his employees, but we do not limit ours from replacing handsfrees in their cars, even more - considering Parrot is only one of many brands we carry we endorse it.
What will renting an Accord give you? We know the connectors are different, the issue is getting a source for them.
Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic