Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
greenbroncoguy 
Copper - Posts: 299
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 08, 2008 at 6:03 PM / IP Logged  
Steven Kephart wrote:
[QUOTE=greenbroncoguy]

BTW, what are you using to set crossover/level/alignment settings in the processor for your speakers?  Are you using some sort of measurement device to get an active response of the speakers in their mounted locations?  Or are you doing it all by ear?

Sorry, I looked over this question in my previuos response...

For the initial setup, I will be using my ear, just to get things in the ballpark. I will have to play with phasing to start with, as I just have everything hooked up + for + now. I have already set the initial crossover settings to get things around the area they need to be, I haven't started to level match yet, I just set the sensitivity/volume on the DCX to keep the noise down, then I'll make any minor level adjustments with the amp gains(cutting the loudest drivers). For T/A I will be measuring all the drivers out and doing the math to get my milliseconds of delay and see how that sounds before tweeking.

Then I may take it and have it RTA'd to find any obvious trouble spots, do some EQ'ing to flatten that out a little, then I will continue on from there by ear some more for the final EQ and level match..

I don't really believe in doing the final tuning by RTA, as what humans will hear as flat will not be the same as what the equipment reads as flat.  I am not goign to be competing in SQ competitions, and I want my system to sound good to people(me in particular).

Not that I am by any means an expert, and if any of these procedures are being done out of order or somethign is wrong, I'm all ears. This is more or less my first good system, especially one where I will be EQ'ing/using T/A to it's fullest potential...

greenbroncoguy 
Copper - Posts: 299
Copper spacespace
Posted: January 10, 2008 at 8:50 PM / IP Logged  

Allright - I had a chance to poke around my car today to see what's wrong. The Eclipse amp is NOT working at all - it won't even turn on. I tried removing it and wiring it up directly to the battery - NOTHING, it's completly dead:(

But, the Audiobahn amp that the wires got shorted on still works fine:confused: . I hooked it up to the DLS's that the Eclipse amp was powering and they work great, the DCX works fine, and the Alpine H/U is ok.

What I want to know is how in the hell could what happened have messed up the Eclipse amp and not the others???

Page of 3

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic